Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rep tempo no one does it..

Ideuzee

How come people say to do a rep tempo of 1 sec up 3 sec negative for muscle hypertrophy to get bigger. I have watched many videos on youtube of people training and the people who tell you to do this and there reps are like 1 sec up 1 sec down why do they say to do 1-3 when they don't train that way?

How would anyone here know why someone else says one thing and does another?

That being said I utilize tempo training a lot.

The 1 up 3 down tempo, especially with a good squeeze at the top, will reduce the amount of weight a person can lift even as it is a great way to get the most out of a set. This said, most individuals don't have a clue about effective training methods and just want to throw as much weight up as possible to impress themselves and others. Of couse, you want to vary your approaches including time up/down/ pause, and even time in between sets to keep your body growing over the course of time.

At the end benching, squats, and overhead press ill do a light set of 3 sec negatives. I go to failure with these.

I use all sorts of tempos. Pauses at top, pauses at bottom, 2,3,4,5 sec down you name it.

Top Bottom