Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

releasing heavy weights

Island Son

i'm on week 5 of madcow's 5x5... actually i cheated and increased my weights by 10 lbs, but that's another story.
when i racked the bar after each bench set, it felt like the bones in my upper arms were about to splinter. Like on rows, it hurts my wrists to let go.
Anyone else had the same issue? Is it something you get over?

Why would you increase the weights in week5? Week 5 is your first deload week. It's a week for recovering your fatigue not wearing yourself down further.

Try to ease the release of the weight rather than just feeling that you're letting go of it or dumping it onto the supports. Maybe it's more of a mental thing than real but it lets the muscle transition. Then again, maybe everything is crying out for a deload.

Tendonitis or some sort of soft tissue strain most likely. Stretch alot (and do not stop once this problem is gone, add it into your lifting regimen), take a week off from lifting, aleve or advil 3xday for a couple of days, and ice the sorest areas.

yeah I get that.. I find straining isometrically at the bar for 10 secs or so after racking it on the bench while I gradually release tension helps a bit. I dont get it on pulling movements.. GL

When my back first started bothering me I noticed a sharp pain as soon as I racked my squats. Same idea?

It's low back pain BTW

I think that it's your bod saying ease off. Your tendons are prob a little sore and at some point you are going to have to ease off, so do it now before you are forced to.

saw a chiro friend... apparently it IS the tendons..... some stretches were recommended.
I'll try keeping the tension on for a few seconds after i rack the weight

Top Bottom