Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Refeed...

Thinker82

Going into my 5th week of a keto diet.

Today: Stayed in ketosis for half the day. I kinda lost it half way through the day and ended up binging on carbs (mostly sugary cerial). Its been over a week since my last refeed so I was just wondering if it is bad that I did half the day eating all protein/fat then the 2nd half eating only carbs?

Thanks in advance.

Don't make a habit of it.

for a keto type diet to be effective, you simply have to be in ketosis. Doing it for half a day will not be effective.

Refeed once a week or whatever, but don't "binge" eat too often.

I dont binge eat often, I do a scheduled refeed once a week but since I missed my last one I'm curious if I screwed myself up by fat/protein half a day then carbs the next half.

Actually, to make this easier for someone to answer...

Lets say you've been going low carbs for 2 weeks and have a scheduled refeed on lets say monday. You start the day with high fat/protein and end the day low fat, high protein and high carbs.
Would this be considered a bad refeed day?

I wouldn't think so. If I remember right the refeed experts actually do 12 hour refeeds every 3 days or so.

Bobarell said:
I wouldn't think so. If I remember right the refeed experts actually do 12 hour refeeds every 3 days or so.

I like the shorter, more intense refeeds. Elzi and Lyle do longer (24-48 h) more moderate ones.

Top Bottom