Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

rapid weight loss

mena1

I am new to this board and working out. I am 5'10, 133lbs. I need a decent diet plan, I am having a problem with what foods are appropriate for weight training. Right now I am focusing on toning my body and then advancing into weight/strength training. Problem is is I seem to have lost all of my muscle tone and it is hard to get back. My eating habits are not that great and a little off schedule. I am thin, but the less I do eat the more my muscle mass deplinishes. Can someone give me some tips on regulating my diet so that i can gain more weight and increase my muscle?

p.s. I recently had a baby also.

mena1 said:
... My eating habits are not that great and a little off schedule. I am thin, but the less I do eat the more my muscle mass deplinishes. Can someone give me some tips on regulating my diet so that i can gain more weight and increase my muscle?

Mena1,

You summed up the problem exactly. You're not eating enough. Check out Temple's post for more specifics on what to eat. The great thing about weight training is you HAVE to eat, and you have to eat small meals frequently. Eating will build muscle and that's what'll make you lean and hard. People who are just skinny with no muscle don't have the hardbody look. Once you start eating this way, you'll be amazed by how good you feel and how much progress you'll start to make in the gym.

I used to think I could get away with eating a crappy diet as long as I worked out really hard. I was thin but not hard. It wasn't until I started keeping a training log (logging in my exercises, weights used, number of reps, etc.) that I started making subtle changes in my diet.

I finally saw how I was sabotaging all my good efforts by not eating enough or only eating junk. Once I was logging my workouts, I wanted to see those weights and reps go up. (I'm just compulsive that way. :) ) So, everytime I ate, I began to ask myself if what I was eating was going to help me in the gym. That helped me make better food choices. I made changes a little at a time, so I hardly knew it. But over time, all those little changes added up BIG time.

People on this board have similar success stories, and we understand where you're coming from. I've learned so much from reading this board, and it really keeps me motivated. Visit often and keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks, for the info girls. Having a baby really affected my eating habits as well because I am no longer on a normal schedule so sometimes it's easier to eat something crappy or nothing at all. I am definitely going to apply your suggestions. I guess I started thinking that if I eat less the more fat i will lose, little did I know that my muscle would go with it.

Top Bottom