Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Question about speakers for you audiophiles

gwl9dta4

New member
Does anyone know if speakers really need to break in, or is this just a myth. If so how long does the process take. Just bought a pair of infinity IL60's and even though i like how they sound they could stand some improvement, but i do not want to jump the gun if they will improve once broken in.
 
generally speakers do need to be broken in, when they are fresh out of the box the sound will be tight and extremely crisp even to the point of annoying, given a week or so of use they will wear down slightly and produce more ear enjoying sound.

so im told
 
I don't know the scientific reasoning behind it (or even if there is any), but I think speakers defintiely sound better after a few weeks of use.
 
I pretty much use Klipsh exclusively and yeah they need a few weeks of use for their tone to really develop fully.
 
Lestat27 said:
I pretty much use Klipsh exclusively and yeah they need a few weeks of use for their tone to really develop fully.



Yeah i was looking at those as well, but really did not care for the styling. I really like the Infinitys. But your Klipsh are also some of the best out there.
 
Yah it's kinda wierd. When i first plugged the speakers in i had to turn up the treble on the reciever cause they sounded muffled. Then after about an hour of playing i had to turn the treble down cause it sounded too crisp. So i guess they are breaking in. Now if i could just set the bass on the cross overs with these built in amps and subs ill be set.
 
I personally am not too concerned about the styling when purchasing speakers...

also about the Klipsch being "bright" the higher end ones typically are not...

They have the clearest and crispest highs around.. the horn tweeters are awesome. Before purchasing the set i have I tested out every major brand with the same 3 or 4 CDs .. The Klipsch won hands down.

Plus I am a tad biased.. my father bought his Klipsch in 1979 (the Heresy series) and he is stilll using them and they are as awesome as ever.

Brian
 
Top Bottom