Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about fruit and simple carbs

Solid Snake

I'm dieting down and I'm eating no sugar at all(virtually at least). I do include a moderate supply of complex carbs and keep my protein high.

I was reading some other magazines and books which favor the moderate carb/ high protein diet and they do permit fruit in the diet, and my question is this, if fruit has sugar(mainly as fructose though) shouldnt it be considered a simple carb and therefore be excluded? What differs fruit from lets say white bread if they both contain sugar?

Snake

almost all fruits have a moderate GI
way lower than white bread GI

I consider fruit as simple sugar. Althought I have read (maybe I misread) somewhere that it is considered as complex carb. I personally don't agree w/ that.

Hmm

Fruit is considered a more Complex carb because of the fiber in the fruit. Like when you eat a water melon there is a ton of ruffage or little water veins and such. That slows down the release of the fructose, hense making it a slow burning carb. Thats why people say eat fruit, not fruit juice. Because when you make juice you grind up the fibers so thin they dont slow down the fructose. Eat some fruit, before 6pm it wont kill ya.

Fructose doesn't raise insulin levels all that much, so for purposes of ketosis, some fruits are fine.

Top Bottom