Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Question about Equal,Sweet and Low and all those other Sugar alternatives.

scout420

Ok in the morning I'll usually have a shit load of Equal on my cereal but is this good.I mean I know it's better than Sugar.But I was eating the other day and I was just curious what the fuck is Equal exactly.I just figured I'd send this out there and see if any of you had any answers.

scout420 said:
Ok in the morning I'll usually have a shit load of Equal on my cereal but is this good.I mean I know it's better than Sugar.But I was eating the other day and I was just curious what the fuck is Equal exactly.I just figured I'd send this out there and see if any of you had any answers.

equal is a synthetic sweetner which is if i remember correctly 300 times sweeter (gram per gram) then sugar, so only 1/300th of the amount is needed to acheave the same degree of sweetness.

example:

if one gram of sugar is used to sweeten a good you end up with 4calories

with equal:
its 1/300g would be required to acheave the same affect, yeilding only 4/300 calories

I personally like splenda and i know thats derived from sugar. I think as long as your consumption is at a ridiculous level ( half a box a day) then i think you should be fine.

I have some friends who cant tolerate diet pop because it gives them a headache (aspartame) but others can drink by the case and have no ill side effects.

I think sugar subs have gotten a bad rap over the years just because SOME people have had trouble w/ them.

Splenda is the best. It is made from sugar instead of in the lab. I think it taste better to.

Top Bottom