Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protien Prior/during a workout

ThePolishHammer

I use intense workouts which are about an hour long each
I usually focus on two body parts
IE: Chest/Tris, Back/Bi's
Should I take in some protien prior to my workout, so that the first muscle i work isnt starving for building material while im working the second?
Will this divert too much blood to my stomach?
Also, I've an isolate protien is easily digested and can make a good pre/mid workout protien

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Yeah, I think a easily digested whey protein isolate would be a great idea pre workout. Even though insulin production is severly halted during training, glucose and amino acid uptake by the muscles during training is greatly elevated. That is the idea behind taking in some glucose and protein pre workout you may have been reading about lately. Anyways....good luck

Ryan

Pre-workout protein potentially is more useful than post-workout protein, at least according to one study. The idea is that the protein will be available right at the end of the workout to aid on recovery. Gotta go out right now but if you wan't i can find the study for you and more precise protocols. Dont overdo it as too much can cause stomach upset and lightheadedness, and I believe take the isolate about 15min before the workout, so by the end the protein will be in circulation in the body for recover. Then have a protein-carb mix immediately post-workout.

I dont like training on an empty stomach so a lot of times I will eat a protein bar and some fruit or something like 15 mins before my workout...I drink water on the way to the gym so by time I get there my stomach is completely settled and feels almost empty. I wouldnt have any while I lift because that might cause some problems. By the time I am done with my workout I can drink two MRP's and not feel like a pregnant woman.

if your going to take in somthing per-workout just add carbs or fat to whatever it is. Dont take 25 grams of whey or whatever alone because its quick digestion will allow it to be used as an energy source.

Top Bottom