Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

PROTEIN SUPPLEMENTS:YES or NO?

Depends

I believe that a lot of protein supplements are overrated, like Muscle Tech's Mesotech and Cytodyne's Methoxy Pro. Overall though protein supplements can be cheaper than actual foods. Prosource's Nytrowhey is all whey isolate and is very cheat. I believe it's about .85 or .90 cents for each serving. That's awesome. Supplements are good for easy meals. I don't believe everyone has the time to put together 6 meals every day.

I take 2 protien suppliments per day. One mid-morning if I'm at work for another quick meal to keep me going and one just before bed time. Both seem to work well for me. The first one is a higher carb one, and the pre-bed one is low carb.

Don't get me wrong. Its not like I'm gonna give them up.
For me having a shake post-work out is part of the ritual of bodybuilding and adds to my enjoyment of the sport.
I was just wondering if anyone out there trains and doesn't use protein supps? Looks like everyone is in the protein supplement club!

Yes very much so.

I aim for pretty much 200g Protein everyday.
Unfortuantly I couldn't hit it without my protein shakes.
However if I could get enough in my natural diet I wouldn't
supplement.

But I can only eat so much chicken and cans of tuna.
Plus like Pants said above..its second nature for me to
get down my post-work out shake. Plus they are so handy
and easy..i guess I a bit slack when it comes to cooking though.

it depends on a person's age, at 20 I don't need any but at 47, I took 120 grams a day, reduced it months back, & need extra days to recover & actually lose strength, than got back to 120 grams and everything comes back, guess my digestive system not as good when younger.

I'm sure they do allow people to reach their bodybuilding RDA's, but do they make that much difference to the physique?
I reckon they're way hyped up.

A lot of protein for a lot of muscle

I am a big believer in having shakes between meals as I have found through personal experience & that of the people I have worked with that you need a lot more protein than the average person when you are into bodybuilding training. Protein is the element that your body uses to build & repair muscle. Perhaps you could get away with eating a low protein diet for a certain period of time before the muscle will be depleted of it's protein stores. I personally look to get 60g of protein each meal. I generally will have at least 3 shakes a day as when mixed with water it is more easily digested & you find that you are able to eat more frequently. Hope this helps.

That's true...if the shakes weren't there, god knows what I'd be reaching out for in between meals!

i do notice on days when i dont get at least one shake, when i head for the gym at night, im a little flat. i dont know if its mental, or physical. but i can say when i am consistantly taking shakes i get ahelluva better work out in every time i go to the gym.

do notice on days when i dont get at least one shake, when i head for the gym at night, im a little flat.
Say what? The shakes are not making you lose fat dude!
Thats definately psychological.
Or maybe its the PROSORBMETAZMAMINOGEN tm. they're putting in these days.

Top Bottom