Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein or Cals

Tyrone.Biggums

Hey guys, just starting back to the gym and have been consuming 5k to 6k calories per day. My buddy he goes to the gym and has the exact same body type as me (Ecto) very high metabolism but he doesn't eat the calories, he just aims for the proper protein. So here's the Question: With our body types should we worry more about high calorie intake or worry about just the protein? With me in-taking that many calories i think I'm well over my daily protein requirements. I'm currently 170lbs and 6' very hard for me to gain weight.

Your question is a little vague. What is your breakdown in those 5-6k cals a day?
PROTS
CRBS
FAT
MICRO

What are your goals?

Breakfast: 6 eggs a cup of oatmeal and a protein shake with whole milk.
Brunch: Protien shake and peanut butter sandwich
Lunch: usually something different every day.. exp. Chicken breast and pasta around 800 calories worth
mid day: 4 scoops of cytogainer with 16oz milk
post work out: whey protein with whole milk + either peanut butter or high protein trail mix
Dinner: usually big chicken breast with some fried eggs and whole milk
before bed: hearty dose of casein protien shake with whole milk

But the question for my body type is should i be in-taking all these calories or should i just worry about the protein only

Oh and goals of course are muscle growth i've been past 200lbs and want to meet that goal and go beyond.

Last edited:
being an ecto you need to take in the cals bud

Add a few shakes in there to your diet, which looks pretty good

You'll have to kick up a notch in order to gain weight.

I'm a meso so little adjustments make good work to me...but for an ecto you need to go big.

Breakfast: 6 eggs a cup of oatmeal and a protein shake with whole milk.
Brunch: Protien shake and peanut butter sandwich
Lunch: usually something different every day.. exp. Chicken breast and pasta around 800 calories worth
mid day: 4 scoops of cytogainer with 16oz milk
post work out: whey protein with whole milk + either peanut butter or high protein trail mix
Dinner: usually big chicken breast with some fried eggs and whole milk
before bed: hearty dose of casein protien shake with whole milk

But the question for my body type is should i be in-taking all these calories or should i just worry about the protein only

Oh and goals of course are muscle growth i've been past 200lbs and want to meet that goal and go beyond.

If you are trying to bulk and you are taking in that many calories, proteins, carbs I'm still not sure of your exact question. Everyone is different, are you not seeing gains with what you are doing presently? Proteins at 1.5-2 per pound of body weight and I would double at least for your body type to bulk. Those are the "gold standards" that is generally gone by. Calories are important but base them around foods like salmon, nuts, red meat, eggs, yogurt, flax seeds etc. Cut down shakes if you can and add whole foods for your nutrient sources. Don't forget your greens with your meals too. I hope this helps.

Top Bottom