Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein help!

bgbay

Alright, so I heard you're supposed to take in 1.5g per pound, but I"ve read many spots it's per lean body mass. Thrrefore if I am 200lbs, have 16.5% bf , i am like 167 lean body mass. Would that mean, I wold take in 167 X 1.5g = 250 G of protein a day?

Second question, how many protein shakes is "too manY". The reason I go is I am on the go with work a lot and need to eat cold dishes, and I can only eat so much tuna and salmon. Usually Tuna for lunch and Salmon for supper. Eggs+Oatmeral for brekfast and Protein shakes in between.
So it looks like this.

Breakfast
6 egg weights = 21g
1 full egg - 7 g
Oatmeral = 6 g
(can i add a scoop of cheap protein powder)

Snack
Protein Shake = 46g

Lunch
Tuna 30g
Ezikeil Bread 9g

Snack
Protein Shake - 46 g

Supper
Salmon 21g
1/4 cup of oysters 9g

That equals 195 g of protein. Another shake would take me to about 240g.

Late night snack? This is where ineed help, can I have another protein shake?

I'm not a huge lover of chicken, Don't mind it sometimes but I dunno what it is, too dry or something.

I know this is one big cluster fuck but my questions are pretty simple..

First of all relax. You don't need exactly 1.5g/lb, as a matter of fact you don't even need 1.5g, 1g/lb will be fine. Protein shakes are supplements, they are suppose to "supplement" your diet. When you are taking in more shakes then your whole food diet is when you are taking in too much. I would restrict it to 1 to 2 shakes a day.

personally at 202 lbs I only get 140-160 grams of protein daily for food and supplements....i use take in 200-300 grams of protein daily and did not see any additional muscle gaining compared to my intake now... in my opinion as long as you are getting about .8 grams per pound of bodyweight and you eat enough carbs that amount of protein is plenty!!

Cool thanks. I find that the protein I am getting is working well. I feel ok and my muscle mass is nice. I just want to burn the fuckin fat off. haha thanks for the reposnes guys

Top Bottom