Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Protein absorbtion

Baddogg

I read somewhere that your body can only absorb 40 grams of protein in an hour...but I find that some "anabolic" diets get more than that perhaps 70 grams at one sitting. I'm a bit confused on this so any input would be appreciated...This could possibly make my life easier..

As far as I know... It's more theoretical than factual. I eat more than 40g in one sitting myself, I think the body can handle much more, and much more than we think.

it is a MYTH !

No scientific study ever proved such a limit and the "40g" is ridiculous !

If there was a limit (which is not proven yet) it would depend on your size/weight, metabolism, activity, .......

There probably is some limit as to how much protein your body can use at a time. But it's too much to even worry about. So eat up!!

thanks for the replies..I weigh about 185 myself.. I read on some of the posts that ginger root increases absorbtion of protein..

Yeah, I don't think there is a set limit to how much protein gets absorbed in a certain period of time, but I'm sure the set amount does depent on your weight and other biological factors such as protein synthesis, degradation, and of course your basic activities(different activities stimulate increase/decrease in protein utilization).

Top Bottom