Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

preworkout shake

ROLGOR

I workout am. I read I should drink a protein shake an hour before lifting. I've been doing that for 6 months. All I'm getting is fatter. suggestions?:newbie:

Well I'd really have to see the rest of your diet to help you out bro. What does the preworkout shake consist of? Need mo info.

The pre-workout shake isnt going to magically strip away fat nor will it make you gain loaves of blubber. The rest of your diet will dictate that.

A good pre workout shake will offer a easy digestable protein like whey (isolates being ideal) and high GI carbs (like malto or dextrose)

MRP's will give you both or you can get your fav. whey and dextrose powder seperately.

I reccomend a 2:1 ratio of carbs to protein. Meaning if your using 20 grams of whey then you should be using 40 grams of dex/malto.

I'm using some stuff called spiru-tein. 11g carb 14 g protein. after work out I have either eggs and a slice of peanut butter toast or oatmeal. I eat an apple mid morning salad and chicken with vegtables for lunch another apple late afternoon and fish or chicken and veggies for supper. The fat is staying and the muscle is coming VERY slow. I know the slow muscle growth is because I'm not twenty anymore but I feel I should be burnning the fat.Thanks for your help.

I would drink a 40g (at least) whey protein shake upon rising. Whey is quickly digested and will not slow you down at the gym. You need amino's first thing in the morning to kickstart anabolism from catabolism. I might even add some Udo's perfect oil blend to that shake to give you added energy-wait about an hour before you hit the gym. You will not have any carbs in your system so you will burn off the cals from the shake and then start tapping into your fat stores. I would recommend doing at least 15 min of cardio after your workout but shoot for 20min. Hit the treadmill- jack up the incline all the way up to 15% and walk @ 3- 3.5mph. Then you need to replenish you glycogen stores immeadiately afterward! Eggs and peanut butter toast arn't going to cut it bro. This is the most important time to get nutrients in your body! You need to take in Protein/Carbs in the form of liquid to quickly absorb and replenish your depleted glycogen stores, and amino's to start repairing/rebuilding muscle tissue. I recomend you do a 3:1 ratio of Carbs to Protein for this shake. I use 115grams of carbs and 38grams of Protein. Now 1.5 hours later eat a nice meal with carbs and Protein- Like chicken/sweet potatoe, eggs and oatmeal, etc. Most important thing is upping your protein intake if you really want to see growth. I don't know how much you weigh, but shoot for 1.5-2g p/body weight- get used to making Protein portion on your plate the priority! Anymore ?'s Pm me.

SOLID

Top Bottom