Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Pregnant and missing my workouts terribly!

sdupdike

Wow, it feels good just to be on this site! I haven't been here in a long while. I am now 18 weeks pregnant and still having horrible morning sickness. I've been in the gym probably twice since I got pregnant, very early on before the m/s seriously kicked in. I've competed in figure comps for the past 5 years and usually live in the gym, and I'm missing it so much right now. I've just been too extremely sick and tired to step foot in the gym. Just my normal daily activities are almost too much (work, house stuff, and I have a 6 yr old). Anyway, I just wanted to complain a little I guess. My only saving grace is that I know how to get back to where I want to be fitness wise after the baby is here, and I already have a plan to get there and for my next comp. I can't wait!

Congrats on the new baby! Yippy!

Vent all you want- if it makes you feel better- DO IT! We all vent once in awhile and at times it's better to piss and moan to strangers. :)

Why wait for after the baby to arrive to get your future fitness goals "on" ? I am willing to bet that you've pushed thru harder times when you did compete. I've watched a few ladies and men puke in my gym while getting their "comp. on"! I kid, but you know what I mean. Your health is more important than anything right now!

As you know, your training needs to be adjusted right now, but why put it on hold now when you can still enjoy SOME training? I'll be willing to bet your doctor loves having such a fit lady for a patient. It makes his job a whole lot easier for sure! Give yourself some time to adjust to the new "stuff " happening in your body. Six years tends to make us forget about all these new stages. :) Hey, a six year old can be a great lil helper when baby # 2 arrives as well.

Morning sickenss sucks big time. I was lucky that I did not get it as bad as some do(like yourself). Are you eating enough before you take your pre-natal vits? I tended to get a bit queasy if I took them tooooo early in my day. The vits are pretty strong if you have nothing in your system and try and take. Just a nod about what worked for me. :) Damn, it would suck if you were NOT able to keep anything down! I hope that is NOT your situation! I'm sure your doc is keeping an eye on you if this is the case.

I recall those feeling tired months too. Damn, what I would have given for a 20 minute power nap during work. I did take naps on my lunch hour when I really could NOT function. I have no idea if the gym helped me thru those months, but I damn well told myself it did so I would NOT allow the "tired" excuse to keep me from going.

Listen to your body and YOUR DOC, and enjoy the training you can do thru your term. Don;t beat yourself up too much if you miss the gym for awhile. You are goin thru the best body building experience EVER right now.

We love babies around here too. We fully expect pictures and details when he or she arrives! :)

Damn... been so long since I have been pregnant... not that I WANT to change that LOL.

Ever considered getting into a pool? The cool water may help alleviate the nauseau a bit and the bouyancy will help you feel lighter while still getting and excellent workout.

Congratulations on the growing family! :)

Thanks for your replies. I actually spent a little time in a nice cool pool i Puerto Rico over the holidays, and yes it felt great. Not sure where I could get into one around here, I'll have to check into that.

I did actually get a little motivated on Friday and made it to the gym. It was nothing stellar, but it felt great just going. I walked on the treadmill a bit and did some light upper body weights. I felt really weak being away from the weights for so long (around 3 months!). I think if I can check in here a little more often I'll stay more motivated.

Once you are over the sickness.... continue to work with weights... or bodyweight exercises... I know TWO girls here who trained HARD all the way up to childbirth....and were back in the gym within two weeks... and got their FLAT tummies back in NO TIME... eat well, but totally clean, train hard... keep us posted!!!!

S

Top Bottom