Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Post Workout?????

TerTer

Hey Guys;

I am bulking right know and this is what I put o my shake
any suggestions please I am kind of new to all this.

8 oz. grape juice
4 ice cubes
1 servin optimun protein 22 grams protein low carb low fat
1 teaspoon creatine
some sweetarts

CrimsonKing said:
Eliminate the grape juice and sub with milk
Actually, I disagree... I would use the grape juice since it has high GI carbs, which is great for post-workout.. the sweettarts prob dont amount to many carbs anyways......Sounds like a good mix :fro:

Actually a roll of sweettarts is 58g of carbs.

It all depends on diet though. I would go with the milk to get a little more protein in there.

Bobarell said:
Actually a roll of sweettarts is 58g of carbs.

It all depends on diet though. I would go with the milk to get a little more protein in there.
well they said "some" sweet tarts, so that could be like 3,5 or maybe more...
but IF they want extra protein, which may not be a bad idea, I would choose to just add another scoop of the Whey ... its faster absorbing than milk, and prob easier to digest..... Just my .02 :D

use if bulking or lean already

40-50 grams whey isolate
5-10 grams glutemine
40-50 grams Glycoload from optimun nutrition
may be 5 -10 grams creatine if bulking
600 mgs ALA

if reducing weight to cut up

solid food
1 can tuna
6 egg whites hardboiled
4 oz potatoe
1/2 cup oatmeal dry
1 teaspoon flax seed oil

wait 2-3 hours and eat agin

wait an hour and a half and eat a normal balnce meal

then go one your merry way

hope this helps
hardasnails

any questions :)

Well if your bulking, your going to need carbs and lots of them. I would shoot for a 2:1 ratio of carbs to protein. Meaning. if your taking in 50 grams of protein, you should at least be getting in 80-100 grams of carbs.

Now i have read numerous articles on whats ideal postworkout and alot of them conflict ideas(nothing new in the world of bodybuilding) from solid food to a shake or complex carbs to simple carbs.

One thing they all agree on is you need to have sufficient carb intake to stimulate growth, release insulin and start the recovery/rebuild phase.

Now personally, i like to have a liquid meal directly after a workout, because i feel fast absorption is best. My shake consists of whey iso (myoplex) w/ carbs coming from maltodextrin(allready in myoplex) and extra dextrose added in.

I follow this shake up w/ a solid food meal about 1 hour after consumption of the shake. That meal is usually steak/ rice or eggwhites(a few yolks)/oatmeal or cream of wheat.

Basically, i would try a few of the ideas suggested and see what works best for you. Like i said, some reports i have read talked about how speed of absorption wasnt as big a deal as long as sufficient amount of carbs were ingested. I still like to lean towards the whey/simple sugar drinks postworkout for a few reasons. First, they taste damn good and secondly, i cant tolerate solid food directly after a workout.

Top Bottom