Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Post workout?

ccc said:

Hey ND, only two packs???? I bought a bag of smarties and it says 4 rolls has 25gms. So I have been grinding 12 packs in my postworkout shake. That should be about 75 grams. ------ Sounds crazy but I have put on 5-6 pounds and my waist measurement has stayed the same.

I just went and checked again. Definitely 25 grams per pack. Maybe they're different packs? Although mine are the rolls too. It says a serving is 1 oz? Anyway, LMAO at the fact that they say "Made in Canada" on the packages and they are not universally known as "Smarties" in Canada, WTF?

ND

What about juice, post workout?

Juice doesn't have the GI index like Dextrose or Malo. So you won't get the insulin spike nor the absorbtion of nutri.

You can use juices but for the same amount of money you can get Dextrose.

How about rice? Is it good to eat a bunch of white rice right after work out, mayb w/ creatine, and then 30 minutes later have a protein shake?

Is it good to eat a bunch of white rice right after work out, mayb w/ creatine, and then 30 minutes later have a protein shake?

Any carbs are better than none. So your rice plan is ok but I suggest using a high GI carb (simple or complex...dextrose or malo) for the insulin spike and glycogen replishment. Rice doesn't have a high GI rate. Rice cakes on the other hand do.

if you dont have any dextrose or malto, what is your best alternative of carbs, to have with your whey after a workout?

Try for the dextrose or maltodextrin, don't see why it would be a problem obtaining them. They're sold online, your local brewery, and at the supermarket.

To answer your question though, I'd eat simple carbs like cake, juice, etc. then followed by the whey. Only problem is these contain regular sugar, and regular sugar contains fructose. Fructose will replenish liver glycogen and not muscle glycogen. Sugar btw is half dextrose half fructose.

Top Bottom