Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Post Workout Meal...

TEST APE

What the hell...................Since Day 1 I have always been told 3 grams of Carbs to 1 gram of Pro right after..........So my meal is usally 120 grams carb and 40 grams of Pro..2 American Body Super Shakes.........

I aim for real food, so I just like to cut up a chicken breast into peices, and then put it on top of pasta. Then put some cheese on it, maybe some sauce. Pretty damn simple, but has lots of carbs and protein and some fat (if butter added). You don't have to be Betty Crocker for this one....

:p :fro: :D :) :angel:

Intra

Intramuscular said:
I aim for real food, so I just like to cut up a chicken breast into peices, and then put it on top of pasta. Then put some cheese on it, maybe some sauce. Pretty damn simple, but has lots of carbs and protein and some fat (if butter added). You don't have to be Betty Crocker for this one....

:p :fro: :D :) :angel:

Intra

Bro do a search on post workout shakes. You are not maximizing your recovery. You need high glycemic carbs and easily digestable protein. Your body is catabolic after a hard workout.

TEST APE said:
What the hell...................Since Day 1 I have always been told 3 grams of Carbs to 1 gram of Pro right after..........So my meal is usally 120 grams carb and 40 grams of Pro..2 American Body Super Shakes.........

Try this.. 300mg ALA.. Vit. A/C/E Glutamine/Taurine 80g of maltodextrine/dexttrose.. 15min later WPI @35-40grams..
an hour later 12oz steak or half grilled chicken /w steamed veggies :)

strong island said:

Bro do a search on post workout shakes. You are not maximizing your recovery. You need high glycemic carbs and easily digestable protein. Your body is catabolic after a hard workout.
You beat me to it. Post workout is one of the few times a shake is better then a knife and fork meal.

food protein is much better

I don't care what anybody says, I know the quality of protein you get from cottage cheese, chicken breasts, tuna, eggs is better then any protein shake. I only use 2 or maybe 3 shakes a day when I am on my cycle. When off cycle I don't use them at all.

1. after my workout.
2. before bed.
3. first thing in the a.m.

just my .02 :mix:

Re: food protein is much better

johnboy said:
I don't care what anybody says, I know the quality of protein you get from cottage cheese, chicken breasts, tuna, eggs is better then any protein shake. I only use 2 or maybe 3 shakes a day when I am on my cycle. When off cycle I don't use them at all.

1. after my workout.
2. before bed.
3. first thing in the a.m.

just my .02 :mix:

Ignorance is bliss...

Bro do what you want...but answer me this.

Name ONE Pro Bodybuilder that eats a meal instead of a shake post workout?

Let me answer for you (to save time) There are none.

Bro it is for your own good..do some research. You need your body to release insulin. You need protein fast.

-Strong Island

Although I agree with you that a shake is best for post workout, there are some bodybuilders that have a meal after there workout. I am not positive on who but I think one of the guys is known as "The King" or some shit. There was an article on him in last month's Health and Fitness. Im not positive about this though, so if Im wrong its my bad

Top Bottom