Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

post workout drink

mike1107

What are your advices about post workoout drink? what do u take after your training? I'm taking 50g whey pro/50 g dextrose/10g creatine, but I'm afraid taking fat because of the dextrose, what do u think about it?waht do u prefer between maltodextrine and dextrose?

I believe post workout it is better to eat a high protein meal than drink a shake unless you are doing a heavy leg workout in which case I'd have the shake first then eat the meal

that shake looks fine, maltodextrin just has a little higher gi rating than dextrose though i cant manage to find it anywhere, dextrose works fine though. as for real food, go for the shake postworkout as you can get whey, which is the fastest absorbing protein, and also liquid is absorbe more quickly thna whole food. have a real meal one hour after postworkout shake.

After an intense workout, the first thing you should do is eat some carbs. The idea is that the carbs will transport straight to your depleted muscles and help them rebuild/replenish glycogen stores as well as increase recovery. I throw a banana in my protein shake right after workout.

so,in conclusion your advices would be to make my dextrose lower (30g instead of 50g) and having a banana with my prot,that's it?
thanks!!

-------------------------------------------------------------

"WHO'S NEXT?"

Play with the dextrose amount...don't be scared. You can always lose the little bit of fat from too much dextrose. But you can't grow unless you feed the muscles!

I prefer to divide my post w/o shakes. First shake is dextrose/creatine. Wait 30min, take a whey protein only shake. The first shake spikes your insulin and replenishes your glycogen. The protein only shake feeds the muscles so you grow. Eat a food meal 30min-1hr after the protein shake.

Most people start using 75-50g of Dextrose w/ 5-10g creatine. I personally use 35-45g dextrose and 10g creatine.

I suggest taking the 50g (this middle point) of Dextrose then vary the amount to what you see in the mirror and how you feel.

Insulin is a double edged sword. One end will get you to your b-building goals extremely fast. The other end, you can gain a lot of fat if not careful. So play with the amounts (month to month) and document what the results are.

Top Bottom