Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Post training protein

maltodextrin is suppossed to be a slower burning carb than Dextrose but it has a very high GI rating. So i'm not exactly sure, I buy the dextrose b/c you might be paying more for nothing. Dextrose at supplement-direct.com is like $10 for 11 pounds! versus proteinfactory which is almost triple that price.

The hydrolyzed 520 is a protein that gets used extremely fast, faster than isolates and much faster than whey. Yeah that's great and all but IMO whey is quick absorbing enough, i mean in about 1 hour the anabolic state of whey is gone practically. Will you see better gains w/ this? I don't know, i stick to whey cuz it's half the price and it's effective enough and fast enough IMO. Besides that Whey has Lactoferrin which contributes to growth.

There's no way your postshake can have only 10g of protein, that's like nothing. You must have misread something, or they're really scewing you big time.

IMO a good shake would have no extra fats, and no fiber. Just simple dextrose or maltodextrin combined w/ one of the whey's (your choice). Ratios of about 80-100g of dextrose or maltodextrin and about 50g of protein. (no solid foods at this time) This would create an insulin spike that would last about 1 hour, great for growth and shuttling all the amino and carbs where they need to go. Just remember to eat something small and solid 1 hour after the shake to continue your anabolic state.

Good luck:beer:

well i guess im getting raped because I just looked at it again and it says 10.5g here is there nutritional stats on there PTF;
serving size-1 cup
servings per container-18
amount per serving-25g
calories-90.7
total fat-.20g
carbs-11.7g
protein-10.5g

what do u think about that?:(

Last edited:
many dont like proteinfactory.com products. personally i wont buy again from them.

10gm of protein? thats two eggs.

try massquantities
LINK

OK i just called P.factory and they said that it was a typo. its really;

serving size 1 cup
35carbs
30g of protein

shit i was scared there for a minute.
:(

I got 25lbs of my own mix from them, got to me within a week and it is the best tasting protein I ever had. Try making your own mix next time with the protein and carbs that you want it to have (be sure to add flavoring and sweetener when ordering), how big is that serving 1/2 cup?

Luckiwan

Just saw the serving size, sorry. The mix I made was 50% casein, 30% whey and %20 milk protein, it is slower absorbing than whey alone and it is 94% protein with only 1.5 grms of fat and 1 carb per cup (62 grms protein).

Luckiwan

"post training formula."

Sounds like a Biotest "Surge" wannabe...

However if it doesn`t taste like ass (I have a feeling it will be horrible, I mean when the company tells you... "TASTE: Fair, due to the high concentration of hydrolyzed whey isolate, users experience some bitter taste"... it`s gotta be bad), then I may try this as a half decent replacement. I am sure it won`t work as well as Surge (it`s missing alot of ingredients), but may prove to be a good product. Surge works for me but it`s just too damn expensive.

The whole idea with these products is to lower catabolism and raise anabolism immediately after working out, when your body needs it most...and while regular whey is fast acting, it can`t compare with hydrolyed whey.

Top Bottom