Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Possible HRT for life... opinions

get456

New member
I did some bloodwork last february and showed my free and total test to be on the very low end of normal (total was around 300ng)

I got a script for HRT in june and have done two 500mg test e cycles since then, 8 weeks each, 4 weeks off in between the two, and currently ive been off for 6 weeks this past tuesday.

I did bloodwork 2 weeks ago (after exactly 4 weeks off). I followed a full PCT protocol including HCG, Nolv, Clomid, and Aromisin. I also took Nolvadex throughout my program.

Currently my test is hovering around 150ng but my LH is within normal (but low) and FSH is just below normal.

Right now I have two options, I can keep waiting around for my test level to return to normal (which for me is lets assume around 300ng, or about the amount of test that a 70 y/o man makes) OR I can just go to total HRT of around 200mg per week.

I am honestly kind of leaning towards just going on full time. I know my body responds FUCKING AWESOME to test, so I would be able to just pack on mass like its my job for quite a while at that dose. let alone all the other effects of increased libido and general well-being.

with the numbers i presented... what would you do?
 
You did not mention your age, but IMHO you only live once. If AAS helps you meet your goals and are not worried about reproductive issues..... stay on.

Prolly safer than smoking and drinking!
 
If you are in your 20's I would definitely think hard on it...Thats a very big decision. Do you want to be taking shots every week for the rest of your life?? How about the effect's it might have over that long of a period? I would personally stay clean for a few years, train, eat right, take the right supps and see where you stand then before committing to a life of shots. Your young enough were you should be able to recover..If your in your 40's or 50's then I would take the HRT route...I think it might be hard your body to get back to normal..It a big decision to make think it through.. :)
 
Max102 said:
If you are in your 20's I would definitely think hard on it...Thats a very big decision. Do you want to be taking shots every week for the rest of your life?? How about the effect's it might have over that long of a period? I would personally stay clean for a few years, train, eat right, take the right supps

Good responses..

Max-- i totally feel you but my purpose is not just about getting bigger... its a quality of life issue for me as well. Assuming I get back to 300ng total test... that is still VERY low. Its more than just wanting to do HRT to get "legal steroids" its about an actual need, or at least damn close to it.

I do agree though, it is a lifetime decision, and its a big one when you really sit down and think about it. I have been discussing it with my SO to get her feelings on it in general and about reproduction especially.

The reason i mentioned how great my body responds to test is because, that is the nice thing about it for me... I know if I can even get my levels up in the 1000ng range... i would be able to grow like that for ages, let alone ever doing an actual "cycle"
 
get456 said:
Good responses..

Max-- i totally feel you but my purpose is not just about getting bigger... its a quality of life issue for me as well. Assuming I get back to 300ng total test... that is still VERY low. Its more than just wanting to do HRT to get "legal steroids" its about an actual need, or at least damn close to it.

I do agree though, it is a lifetime decision, and its a big one when you really sit down and think about it. I have been discussing it with my SO to get her feelings on it in general and about reproduction especially.

The reason i mentioned how great my body responds to test is because, that is the nice thing about it for me... I know if I can even get my levels up in the 1000ng range... i would be able to grow like that for ages, let alone ever doing an actual "cycle"



500mg of test ew for 8 weeks is an actual cycle bro
 
jagerbombme said:
500mg of test ew for 8 weeks is an actual cycle bro

i understand that........ but the context of this post is continuing with ACTUAL HRT, probably about 200mg per week... which i will adjust to whatever necessary pending appropriate bloodwork

I just wanted to be upfront about my previous "HRT" to illustrate why my test is lower than it was before
 
get456 said:
Good responses..

Max-- i totally feel you but my purpose is not just about getting bigger... its a quality of life issue for me as well. Assuming I get back to 300ng total test... that is still VERY low. Its more than just wanting to do HRT to get "legal steroids" its about an actual need, or at least damn close to it.

I do agree though, it is a lifetime decision, and its a big one when you really sit down and think about it. I have been discussing it with my SO to get her feelings on it in general and about reproduction especially.

The reason i mentioned how great my body responds to test is because, that is the nice thing about it for me... I know if I can even get my levels up in the 1000ng range... i would be able to grow like that for ages, let alone ever doing an actual "cycle"

100mg a week of test might be enough to get you to the high normal range in a couple weeks but if you want kids in the near future forget about it.
 
Mike, it's ok that you have become the official moron spotter but, you should explain why you think that. As far as HRT for life... I've put myself in that group simply because after my first PCT, I went back to being a 50 yr old man. After enjoying 8 weeks of an "elevated quality of life", I made that decision very easily, to stay on. Find out for sure about the kid thing, then figure if it is as easy as a few shots per week to have that added quality of life, then why not?
 
lol, because HRT doesnt cause infertility.

then why did my doc, who is an hrt doc, tell me to wait till after i had kids to start? he specifically asked me if i wanted to have children and when i said yes he said to wait to avoid any issues.
 
i'm 30 and have been on HRT since August '06, currently scripted 200mg cyp ew. I've been bumping to 250 the past couple weeks, and don't notice much difference...I'd go for 300, but I'll run thru my scrip alot faster and I don't want to piss my doc off so I need to get approval.

My doc says that if I want to have kids, he will probably take me off the test for a couple months and put me on HCG. My natural levels weren't awful, but I seem to have a high affinity for test. Even at 200mg ew, my total T just prior to my next inject was just over 500. I've heard some people say that they're near 1000 at this point from only 100mg ew.

Doc says there's a new test coming in '07 that measures the effectiveness of one's androgen receptors and this will explain why some people need more T than others to achieve the same results.

In the time I've been on HRT, I've put on 22lbs. Mood, sex-drive and energy have all been awesome. In the end, HRT's been awesome to me. If I have to stay "on" permanently, so be it.

Good luck.
 
PWTurbofan said:
Even at 200mg ew, my total T just prior to my next inject was just over 500. I've heard some people say that they're near 1000 at this point from only 100mg ew.

.

that is really interesting that your levels are that low with 200mg per week!

There are so many factors that are different from person to person and often we overlook those, assuming everything works the same for everyone. Its good for people to realize that is truly not the case, especially in this facet of life
 
the only scarey thought is to not even have the choice of having children ever again.(of course assuming ur staying heathly and getting the proper blood work done) no kids can=serious probs in a relationship.
 
bicepts101 said:
the only scarey thought is to not even have the choice of having children ever again.(of course assuming ur staying heathly and getting the proper blood work done) no kids can=serious probs in a relationship.
that isnt the case with HRT.
 
39 and on for life. I would have it no other way. As stated earlier, quality of life means everything!!!
 
DEFNATELY DEFINATELY WAIT!!

give it a few more months....then reconcider.....hrt is not the place you want to travel bro.
 
JKurz1 said:
DEFNATELY DEFINATELY WAIT!!

give it a few more months....then reconcider.....hrt is not the place you want to travel bro.

I feel ya...

seems like everyone is either "do it NOW" or "WAIT WAIT WAIT"

i will say though, it seems that the people that have actually made the decision to go on HRT are very happy with that choice
 
Ulter said:
Let's see....
Libido of a 16 year old
Increased muscle mass
Increased feeling of well being
Increased feeling of confidence
Decreased fat accumulation
For the next 50 years.

Which one of those don't you want?

is that multiple choice?


:p
 
jagerbombme said:
Ulter, what do you consider HRT dose of Test?

would up to 500mg ew still be hrt or would you cap hrt at 250mg ew?
HELL NO!

most is 200mg a week, some are on 100mg a week, some 200mg eow
 
JKurz1 said:
HELL NO!

most is 200mg a week, some are on 100mg a week, some 200mg eow

well thats only partially true...

HRT is Hormone Replacement... If it takes 200mg per week to replace what you should have, then its 200, or 250... or whatever it may be

I do agree that 500mg would not be TRUE HRT though (but who knows, maybe someone does need that much to get to whatever their correct numbers are..??)... but some places will allow you to "alter" your dose if you choose anyway.
 
PWTurbofan said:
Even at 200mg ew, my total T just prior to my next inject was just over 500. I've heard some people say that they're near 1000 at this point from only 100mg ew.

Ulter, take a look PW's post....
 
Ulter said:
No they don't. You only need approx 85mg to equal high end natural test. But what kind of fun it that?
I use 500mg/wk usually.
Do you get your levels checked every couple months? If you do what is your test levels at 500wk? Seems more like your on a constant cycle then HRT....
 
A friend of mine who is past 45 is on Testim, testosterone, 50mg/day, gel which keeps his test level around 800. As long as he works out regularly and eats like he should, he maintains but does not gain. As for fertility, well he and his wife just got a surprise which he is not too happy about. He only gains if he supplements with cycles. Maybe that is just him as gets pointed out - what works for one may not work for the other. IMHO, HRT does not cause infertility. Many of my bros on big cycles couldn't get a chick pregnant if they wanted to.
 
Ulter said:
No they don't. You only need approx 85mg to equal high end natural test. But what kind of fun it that?
I use 500mg/wk usually.
ut - is that self perscribed or do you have a md monitoring? How old are you and what are your stats right now?
 
The choice is easy for me. My metabolism took a dive in my late 20's. By the time I hit 30 I had no energy, excess fat around my midsection, and a difficult time gaining muscle mass. The only time I felt great was during a cycle - it was like being in my teens, again. I've been on for the past 4 months, and several people have commented on my fat loss, muscle gain - and they say I lost 10 years. I can't imagine going back to how I was.
 
I would like to ask those of you who are on HRT what brought you to the point of getting checked and did you have to get a referral to a specialist or does your family physician administer it?
 
get456 said:
he just LOOKS 36 because of the HRT :rainbow:
I like that.....lol....for once, we share a laugh.....I think he's about 50 too but it really doesnt matter i guess....he's damn knowledgeable in this field....i know my shit diet wise, but have a TON to learn on this end.....however, self admin., hrt sounds like it may be the one to go......whats the worse that happens? Maybe hrt for a year, try and come off one last time and if it fails, jump aboard... :theshadow
 
get456, It's very possible to have total T at 500 just before your shot on 200mg/wk. He could also then be closer to 1000 the next day. Not likely though.

No, I don't go through a clinic. I have an endo that's written me scripts.

Max, I have been on since July 2000. No I don't get tested every couple months. Why would I? Nothing changes that much. I get regular tests once a year now. I did get tested every 4 months in the beginning.


fisttoface, No family doctor is going to get anywhere near steroids. Damning the use of steroids has been part of hypocratic oath for years.


My pics are in my gallery. I'm 50.
 
Ulter said:
get456, It's very possible to have total T at 500 just before your shot on 200mg/wk. He could also then be closer to 1000 the next day. Not likely though.

No, I don't go through a clinic. I have an endo that's written me scripts.

Max, I have been on since July 2000. No I don't get tested every couple months. Why would I? Nothing changes that much. I get regular tests once a year now. I did get tested every 4 months in the beginning.


fisttoface, No family doctor is going to get anywhere near steroids. Damning the use of steroids has been part of hypocratic oath for years.


My pics are in my gallery. I'm 50.


so with that token, hehe, my family doc probably isn't gonna hook me up with jack shit. they just took blood for second time, i asked for something for the meantime while i wait a week and a half for this bloodwork to come back and he told me NO, we'll talk about it after this bloodwork comes back. I think he doesn't know about HRT at all. I don't know where to go or what to do with it, i might just drop it, and get back on. im waiting on finding out if my hearts in good health before i do. once i find this out, BAM BABAY, im ON like stink on SHIT
 
I may be joing you....just find a cheap reliable source and the price wont be much of a factor.....couple of nights out on the town or a few protein bars...heck, skip the filet and get flank this week and he jumbo sams club chx breast instead of he organic shop...
 
Top Bottom