Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

penis shrinkage while working out???

GatorHunter

When I work out and do circuts or run for long distances or sprint back and forth really fast my testicles and penis the whole junk seem to reverse back as far as it can go into my body and I mean it goes from hang out to back when I was younger size. I can figure it out but I am concerned and wonder if it happens to anyone else and it makes urinateing veyr difficult cause I am use to useing two hands not fingers. The only thing I could think of is all the blood goes else where in my body and this leads me to wonder if this is how the steroid myth came about. But anny way anything, anyone, who could tell me what this could be would be great I am gonna ask my doc to cause its uncomfortable and when your bodys hot it should be big like normaly I could understand if I jumped into some ice but really either I have a narrow artery or this is normal??? Thanks,
-Gator :chomp:

Well, your penis can not shrink in reality, as far as i know. Same reason it can not get bigger! no chemicals or anything can change it.

as far as i know it has 2 shafts of tissue which fill up with blood when needed, so it's probably reverting blood to your muscles which are under stress and goes back to normal when finished.

This happens to me too...i thought i was alone, and kind of embarrassed to bring it up online. recently i talked to my buddy, who this happens to too, and he says it can be from stimulants/fat burners....they can cause prostate enlargement which can cut off circulation and urine flow. also it can be from straining. guys tend to squeeze their prostates during heavy lifts if they have poor ab muscles or are overwieght. when he told me this i realized i do squeeze my lower area when i squat or bench. i lay off the stimulants and always keep my abs tight now and it works.

LOL, sorry this one made me laugh a little.

It's a protective thing. You got a muscle that runs down your vas deferens (the cord that keeps you nut attached to your body) that will pull the nuts up close to your body if your body senses the possibility of damage....all you gotta do is lightly brush the inner part of your thigh and on some dudes, you can actually see your nut jump.

It's called a cremasteric reflex.

As for your dick, when your workin out like that, your right about the blood thing....your body knows your dick doesnt need a whole lot of blood right now, so it sends it elsewhere -- to the muscles your workin

ximor said:
You were the one who had to laugh but on some dudes, you watch their nuts jump :p

I'm a doc...it's part of my job. Trust me, making sure a dude's nuts jump is about the least invasive part of a complete physical exam... There's always the rectal/prostate exam.... Bend over and spread em....

This happens to me frequently. Physical and even emotional stress can cause male genitalia to contract. As someone else said, it's the body's defense mechanism. I did find it embarrassing to shower at my old gym as they did not have shower stalls. It was one great big open room. However, the way I look at it is that I have a better physique than 95% of the men working out there so that more than makes up for some shower shrinkage.

On a side note, I wonder why these issues are not taught in 9th grade health class. It's the same thing with gynecomastia. Gyno is so common in teenagers but nobody in school tells you about it. I had swollen areola and nips when I was a teen. I was very frightened that I had some sort of male breast cancer but I was too bashful to tell my parents. I'm still bitter that they didn't teach me EVERYTHING that can happen during puberty. I'm convinced it's because conservative religious people didn't think penis shrinkage and swollen nipples were appropriate topics for classroom discussion. I certainly would have benefited from knowing this information. Back then we didn't have the internet to research these topics on our own.

Top Bottom