Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Partials

JustinM

who does partials when they are not able to complete full reps..some people say they just dont help and they only make u tired but other say they are useful??which one??

thanks

I like to use them as an overload technique, when I'm trying to bring up my strength in a certain lift. I just get in the cage, set the pins to whatever position, I need to use, get underneath and push.

From a pure bodybuilding standpoint, partial ROM performance has very little practical application. If you happen to have a sticking point in a particular lift, and nothing seems to solve this problem, then you may want to incorporate partials. Another way to solve specific range weaknesses is to determine which muscles are the limiting factors. Using the bench press again as an example, if your weak point is the lockout position then your triceps are limiting your bench press. In a compound movement different muscles are stressed more or less during different portions of the lift. In the bench press, to complete the lock-out the triceps are the primary mover, to press the bar off the chest (starting point) the delts are the primary movers, and from approx 2 inches above the chest to just before lock-out the chest becomes more involved. So, if the lockout position of the bench press is your limiting factor, then a tricep specialization program may solve this problem. In my opinion, partials should be used only as a last resort, if for some reason other (better) methods fail.

The main way they are associated w/ odybuilding is, they help you to build more strength to eventually handle more weight. This will elad to greater hypertrophy. There is also another theory that partials thicken your tendons. If forget exactly how, but this is supposed to enhance muscular hypertrophy as well.

Top Bottom