Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Pain killer deaths triple in a decade

  • Thread starter Thread starter lartinos
  • Start date Start date

The people abusing them are obviously at fault for dosing as they see fit, and not following doctor's dosing schedules. On the flip side, doctors overprescribe painkillers so often, it's become a joke! Walk into an Urgent Care facility in Las Vegas or Central New York, and as soon as a doctor enters, it's basically "What do you need?"! No exam, no nothing! Write the script, and cash a check mentality.

I'm not saying it's like that everywhere, but that seems to be the mentality most places are adopting. Oddly, I'll never know why people abuse painkillers. I am a non-responder to opiates, so they do absolutely nothing for me. Normally I am forced to use high doses of anti-inflammatory drugs for pain.
 
The people abusing them are obviously at fault for dosing as they see fit, and not following doctor's dosing schedules. On the flip side, doctors overprescribe painkillers so often, it's become a joke! Walk into an Urgent Care facility in Las Vegas or Central New York, and as soon as a doctor enters, it's basically "What do you need?"! No exam, no nothing! Write the script, and cash a check mentality.

I'm not saying it's like that everywhere, but that seems to be the mentality most places are adopting. Oddly, I'll never know why people abuse painkillers. I am a non-responder to opiates, so they do absolutely nothing for me. Normally I am forced to use high doses of anti-inflammatory drugs for pain.

Okay, why are people like that now and weren't as much 10 years ago?
 
Okay, why are people like that now and weren't as much 10 years ago?

No idea bro. It was the worst I ever saw in Las Vegas. A friends wife had scripts for 120 Hydrocodone, 60 Oxycontin, and 120 Perkocet a month!!! Yes, she was an addict, but what doctor in their right mind writes a single person that??? And yes, they were all from the same doctor!!

I also think a lot of scripts are written to pacify people, and just "move traffic" in busy offices and Urgent Care facilities. It makes me wonder too, if big pharma isn't "kicking back" to doctors as well.
 
but what doctor in their right mind writes a single person that??? And yes, they were all from the same doctor!!

dr-conrad-murray-ed-chernoff_529x375.jpg
 
Ok Pick, you got me! What doctor in their right mind writes that for a NON-celebrity!!!???

the point was greedy docs

hence the urgent care dispensaries

around here that's cooled off, most UC's won't write much stronger than Tramadol
 
Painkillers ARE the new medicare.

When 20% of Chris83298u589023's quality score is based on patient satisfaction, he'll be forced to put a hydrocodone dispenser on the wall of his waiting room.
 
Painkillers ARE the new medicare.

When 20% of Chris83298u589023's quality score is based on patient satisfaction, he'll be forced to put a hydrocodone dispenser on the wall of his waiting room.

He should also be mindful that routes of administration is just as important as teh analgesic prescribed in sum patient's satisfaction scoring.



just sayin'
 
There are more pain pill clinics in Broward county alone than there are in any other entire state of the US.

Picture that. A state as big as TX, CA or NY having less pain clinic in the entire STATE than just this one country here.
 
Yeah, they don't like it when you ask the clerk to sprinkle a little brown into your order of medicinal marijuana.
 
Top Bottom