Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

pain in ovaries while on gear?

supergirl

High End Bro
Platinum
has any one experienced this?? I am wondering if there is a direct correlation with the ovaries. Does it slow the release of estrogen? Can there be a slight buildup?
I am really hoping babydoc or someone of the like will respond to this and any female who has had pain. I am not super concerned because the pain is not cripling, but it is noticable. Maybe it is just really bad pms for that matter too.. but i thought i would make a post anyway...
thanks

I find I get sore in that area also, usually lasts a day or two, then its gone. I had it a few days ago, and now I feel bloated.

Dont know if my period is getting ready to start, since it has been so screwy lately. I keep feeling like my period will start......

Reminds me of the time right before your period, when you can kind of tell you are ovulating.

ovarian pain

I've noticed this in the past and so have some of my friends. I think it has some correlation with ovulation. Also when I have come off and my body is trying to get back in its natural groove so I'm sure it is hormonal.

I'm just gonna take a stab at this because I can't answer for sure without knowing the gear, but it would seem more likely that it would occur coming OFF a cycle, as the gear should downregulate ovarian steroid production.

OCP's don't change hormone production, they replace it. By providing a continuous source of progesterone and estrogen, they downregulate FSH and gonadotropin secretion centrally, and "shut down" the ovaries. Therefore they don't produce follicular cysts, and no mittelschmertz or rollercoaster hormone levels.

OCP's also increase SHBG (sex Hormone Binding Globulin) which binds up free testosterone (remember I said all that counts is free testosterone [see test thread]?), preventing hirsutism (hair growth, acne, and other testosterone-mediated side effects (like increased muscle mass).

One strange thing I have noticed...

women on depo-provera (long term injectible progesterone)
often have large polycystic ovaries (not quite like PCOD). I never really
tried to hard to figure out the mechanism but I'll bet that this gear
effect might be quite similar. Anyone had a pelvic ultrasound for/ during
pain? I'd be interested to see that!

the gear is mild, that is why i am suprised i am having some pain.. i am currently only using anavar. I actually went on depo provera about 5 years ago and hated it big time, constant break through bleeding, but i don't remember if i had cramping or not. I don't have cramping now, but rather just pain when i touch them. At first i thought it was just my lower ab muscle soreness, but i am going on a week here of pain (tenderness in the area) and it is not one side, but both, so i am ruling out ovulation, plus i am too close to my period to be ovulating. So as you said, can it lower the estrogen release to low.. but then if it did, wouldn't i have the break through bleeding like depo provera? And this is my 2nd week of my new cycle and i am not even close to finishing... So.. any other ideas? Hopefully it is just temporary, and maybe it is just my body adjusting...

The "breakthrough" bleeding on depo is not true "breakthrough" like on OCP's, rather it is cause by the atrophy of the uterine lining caused by continuous progesterone therapy. It is rare for you to be able to press on or feel your ovaries abdominally unless they are enlarged, simply put, they are located in the pelvis, and usually near the cul-de-sac ( the space between the uterus and rectum). It is possible that the pain is not ovarian at all. In any event, try NSAIDS like alleve or naprosyn and see if you get relief in 20-30 minutes; it should last for 8-12 hours (take double OTC dosing).

Also, are you having normal cycles (menstrual) and what contraception are you using?

:fro:

thebabydoc said:
The "breakthrough" bleeding on depo is not true "breakthrough" like on OCP's, rather it is cause by the atrophy of the uterine lining caused by continuous progesterone therapy. It is rare for you to be able to press on or feel your ovaries abdominally unless they are enlarged, simply put, they are located in the pelvis, and usually near the cul-de-sac ( the space between the uterus and rectum). It is possible that the pain is not ovarian at all. In any event, try NSAIDS like alleve or naprosyn and see if you get relief in 20-30 minutes; it should last for 8-12 hours (take double OTC dosing).

Also, are you having normal cycles (menstrual) and what contraception are you using?

:fro:

ok.. i will try a pain reliever, but my cycles tend to be normal but now only last about 3-4 days whereas they used to be about 6 and i am NOT on birth control.. haven't been for a couple of years

Top Bottom