Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Overtraining??

mike12

Here's my weekly workout schedule:
Btw Diet is:
Total Protein: 335g
Total Carbs: 605g
Total Calories: 4700

Monday: Back/Quads

Tuesday: Chest/forearms

Wednesday: Shoulders/Legs

Thursday: Bicep/Tricep

Friday: Back/Quads

Saturday: Chest/Shoulders

Sunday: Bicep/Tricep/Fore

Each body part is worked on twice a week, once using free weights and the next time using machine and isolations. 6-10 reps X 3 sets X 5 exercises.

IMHO, yes. Take a day off. This will eventually catch up with you, unless you're assisting yourself with some endogenous chemicals. Myoblast fusion will eventually decrease as your satellite cell division will almost always be taxed. This will lead to plateauing.

How do you do a Monday back workout after a sunday Tri/Bi/Forearm workout? Deadlifts, for example, the day after a forearm workout, for me, would be impossible. You are doing deadlifts, right? How do you row after a bicep workout? Same goes for thursday/friday. I'm assuming you're lifting moderately heavily, with a 6-10x3 x 5 routine? How far away from 1RM are your reps?

If you're dead set on doing something like this... Take at least a full week off every 4 weeks of training to allow your body time to catch up with the metabolic demands you're placing on it.

have you read my push/pull/legs split?

i think you would dramatically improve your workouts by consolidating things into 3 day splits instead of what you have there.

as far as overtraining i have written about it a lot. if you start noticing tendonitis in your joints, lingering injuries, unusual soreness DOMS that sticks around a while... etc etc.. these are indicators of overtraining and you should knock things down.

example: i did 10 sets of pullups.. 12-15 reps. so in total almost 150 of them... then 4 days later did the same thing. then the 3rd time i did them i started noticing tendonitis in my elbows... i backed off to 4 sets only. the tendonitis went away slowly. i was overtraining doing 10 sets. but 4 sets was my sweet spot.

the body is your best indicator, once you learn to listen to it.. that will excell you to another level

Guaranteed over training, unless you're taking over 5g of anabolics with 20iu of gh... I dont care what anyone says if you lift heavy everyday like you mentioned, you'll get burned out, lose strength, motivation and feel like a dead zombie.. BUT, If one day is very light and not to failure then thats okay..

Thanks for all your input so I've reached a middle ground I will hit it just as hard if not HARDER but I will give each bodypart a week to FULLY recover as follows:

Monday - Back
Warmup:
- 10 Wide pull-ups
- 10 Narrow pull-ups
Workout:
Wide pulldowns X 5
Seated cable rows X 5
Narrow pulldowns X 5
DB Bent over rows X 5
Seated machine rows X 5

Tuesday - Chest
Warmup:
- 20 Flat BB press
- 20 Machine Flyes
Workout:
Flat BB press X 5
Incline BB press X 5
Machine Flyes X 5
Decline BB X 5
Incline DB X 5

Wednesday - Legs
Warmup:
- 20 squats
- 20 leg extensions
Workout:
squats X 5
leg extensions X 5
Lying leg curls X 5
Seated leg press X 5
DB lunges X 5

Thursday - Shoulders
Warmup:
- 20 BB shoulder press
- 20 Lateral raises
Workout:
DB Shoulder press X 5
Lateral raises X 5
BB shoulder press X 5
Machine rear delt X 5
Machine lateral raises X 5

Friday - Arms
Warmup:
- 20 BB curls
- 20 Tricep push downs
Workout:
BB curls X 5
DB curls X 5
- Skull Crushers X 5
- Tricep Pushdowns X 5
Seated machine curls X 5
DB Hammer curls X 5
- Seated tricep machine X 5
- Standing DB tricep extensions X 5
DB Wrist curls X 5
DB Reverse curls X 5
Standing BB reverse curls X 5

Btw I warmup with 25% of my target weight then start with 50% of my max and go up 10% during the next 3 sets then do 130% of my max 2-4 reps and last set is 100% 6-8 reps where I gotta be dieng to get that 7th and 8th one in.

Top Bottom