Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Osta (MK-2877) in PCT?

STTM

Banned
Okay, before I start, I am going to give a little bit of a history lesson just to make sure we are all on the same page and have an understanding.

First, steroids work by activating the androgen receptor. To what extent depends on how anabolic/androgenic the certain steroid, or steroids that you are using are. Now when the androgen receptor in muscles is activated, it causes an increase in nitrogen retention. An increase in nitrogen causes an increase in amino acid uptake. Which in return results in more muscle gains.

Now, the increase in nitrogen retention will allow more muscle to be built than normal. But here is the thing. When a person goes on cycle.. say they start at 200 pounds.. at the end of their cycle, they step on the scale and they weigh in at 215 pounds. Most peoples immediate thought is that the person put on 15 pounds of muscle. Which is not true. Yes, a good amount of the weight gained is muscle, but a good portion of it is also not. The increased nitrogen that you gained on cycle also made your muscles a lot fuller and denser. But once you come off the sauce, your body will not be as anabolic, and you will lose the fullness of the muscles, which will cause a drop in weight. Sorry bros, that is just the way it is. This could also explain why people think they lose a shit load of gains when they come off, because when you return to normal, your muscles won't be as full, which in return will result in a loss of size and strength. So the person that went from 200 to 215 settles in at 208 when everything is said an done.

Now, MK-2877 is a SARM (select androgen receptor modulator). Like steroids, it also activates the androgen receptor, but only ones that are located in skeletal muscles. So it will cause an increase in nitrogen retention, and all the good stuff that comes with that.

Now here is what I am getting at. When you come off steroids, there is going to be a drop in nitrogen retention that will eventually result in a loss of muscle fullness (size) and strength. So, does using Osta in PCT actually preserve muscle mass, or does it just allow you to remain in an above anabolic state, which allows you to hold on to the fullness caused by the increase nitrogen retention? So the gains that are retained by using Osta in PCT are just temporary, and will eventually fade away once Osta is discontinued.

Also, Osta is not going to cause the same amount of nitrogen retention as AAS. So there is going to be, or should be a slight drop of these "gains" in PCT. And then another drop after PCT is done. So instead of having 1 big drop, you have 2 drops that are spread out. So it may seem that you don't lose gains because they didn't go away so suddenly.

Hope that makes sense to some of you.

There are also other variables I didn't mention because I didn't want to over complicate things, but if the situation arises, I will share.

Anyone care to elaborate or share their experiences? PCT and Post PCT results?

That was a great break down for "dummies." I have not used ostarine in pct but I'm going to very soon. I've used ostarine solo before and made what I considered worthwhile gains. This is also coming from someone who has never used anything except for sarms. I kept all the strength and size gains I made from running ostarine solo. My muscles definitely did lose some of their fullness but it was very minimal, to the point it was almost unnoticeable. So, in theory, I'm thinking that when you use ostarine in pct it will allow you to keep quality gains and possibly add to them marginally. I would assume ostarine's effectiveness in pct would be completely dependent upon the amount of gear you used while being on and your diet and training in pct. This is a good question.

I no longer PCT (I blast and cruise), but when I did I started out my PCTs without Ostarine, and like most people had a very noticeable drop off in strength gains and muscle fullness as soon as I came off cycle. I then started incorporating Ostarine in my PCTs and did so for about 3 years up until last summer when I went on self prescribed TRT. My experiences with Ostarine in PCT were much different than they were before using it. I retained nearly the same muscle fullness (only a slight decrease) and probably 80-90% of the strength gained on cycle. The best apart about this was the fact that by the time I came off of the Ostarine at the end of PCT, my natural test levels were back to where they should be and I did not experience any loss at all after stopping the Ostarine. That happened for me each and every time I ran it. I'm sold on Ostarine for PCT, and if I were still doing PCT, I wouldn't run one without it.

I no longer PCT (I blast and cruise), but when I did I started out my PCTs without Ostarine, and like most people had a very noticeable drop off in strength gains and muscle fullness as soon as I came off cycle. I then started incorporating Ostarine in my PCTs and did so for about 3 years up until last summer when I went on self prescribed TRT. My experiences with Ostarine in PCT were much different than they were before using it. I retained nearly the same muscle fullness (only a slight decrease) and probably 80-90% of the strength gained on cycle. The best apart about this was the fact that by the time I came off of the Ostarine at the end of PCT, my natural test levels were back to where they should be and I did not experience any loss at all after stopping the Ostarine. That happened for me each and every time I ran it. I'm sold on Ostarine for PCT, and if I were still doing PCT, I wouldn't run one without it.

Good feedback. That is what I was kind of assuming. That osta will increase nitrogen retention during PCT, thus making your body more anabolic. So then when you are fully recovered, you never really had a big drop off like many do at the start of PCT.

It was kind of unintentional, but I think I may have explained how Osta works too.

I don't want to cause drama as many seem to like gigantic pct programs on here full of various things. But I think the same can be said for many things you find in a traditional pct. In the right circumstances and used the right way various 'pct meds' can help you recover faster and are worthwhile. But most of them will cause surges in testosterone amongst many things so the user will feel a boost. That boost could be mistaken for recovering faster when in reality they are likely delaying recovery as they still have various hormones floating around their systems.

Then after 2 months of pct they feel a bit low but they soon jump back on cycle and act like they recovered fine. To me you want to support efficient recovery and get off all hormones fairly quickly if you cycle aas. For the guys who blast and cruise they don't really have to worry about such things. Coming off steroids is never good and unless you are very new/young etc there will likely be a brief time you will likely feel low (not everyone though). The whole part of cycling is using gear and coming off and recovering. I see many newbies going on cycle for say 12 weeks doing a pct for 2 months then because that took so long they jump back on 1 month later and call it 12 weeks off! A bit of a rant there but you get the idea :D

That was a great break down for "dummies." I have not used ostarine in pct but I'm going to very soon. I've used ostarine solo before and made what I considered worthwhile gains. This is also coming from someone who has never used anything except for sarms. I kept all the strength and size gains I made from running ostarine solo. My muscles definitely did lose some of their fullness but it was very minimal, to the point it was almost unnoticeable. So, in theory, I'm thinking that when you use ostarine in pct it will allow you to keep quality gains and possibly add to them marginally. I would assume ostarine's effectiveness in pct would be completely dependent upon the amount of gear you used while being on and your diet and training in pct. This is a good question.

How it works is..Ostarine selectivley binds to the androgen receptor in muscle and bone, it continues activation of the androgen receptor while Nolva and Clomid are bringing the natural testosterone production back to normal.This helps you recover, while at the same time hold all your gains or in some instances even keep gaining a bit!

IMO ostarine like cane said will help you preserve your gains in pct by binding to the receptors.

it doesn't manipulate your hormones like SERM's do where you get a LH boost then a crash and it also doesn't make you feel like a bitch like clomid will.

Well the idea behind using something like this in PCT is not new. It is kind of the same concept behind people using a low dose of Dbol in PCT, and then bridging with it afterward. That suppression will be minimal to none, and it will help keep your body anabolic while recovering. The only difference is that DBol is proven to have a negative impact on the HPTA, and Osta is believed to have no or little effect to on it.

I already decided I am going to be using Osta in my next PCT. I still have a lot more reading to do on this compound though. I specifically want to see studies on how it effects the HPTA, and to what extent it can be used without shutdown. If anyone has any links to studies done, I'd appreciated if they could post them. Also, any links that shows PCT bloods would be cool to.

I'm interested in learning more too.
I read somewhere that phase 3 clinical trials have been completed but wasn't able to find any reports about such.

Top Bottom