Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

OH C'MON!! What?!!

tony1354142

Ok now I ran across these by accident looking over some pct research. Now these articles state that this DOES NOT apply to people running AAS...in fact it states only if u are running AAS willthis not apply to you. The only reason I even entertained this is cuz i read the whole articles so I ask that u actually read these as I will post the links at te end but basically it states that on average most guys cannot recuperate at the level that pro bodybuilders can so the intensity, duration, and frequency is o high for ur average genetics. More gains would be seen on high intensity, lower frequency and duration. Basically 1-2 working sets per exercise with high intensity. One article even says do incline press 2-3 sets and dips or decline bench 2-3 sets and that is it! I mean fuck! Really? Now I have to keep an open mind cuz in not one o defend my way of lifting just because it is all I know and I have seen that one set routine in which you hit every body part top and bottom. I've seen I work but I contributed that cause the man was hitting the entire body. I didnt think it was cause of one working set cause I never thought that to be sufficient. Are we overtraining when we are off cycle? This doesn't apply to those on TRT that cruise through. U guys are good like a mother fucker but well, let them explain it cause I'll make it sound like shit. It's worth the read bros. I REALLY WANT FEEDBACK ON THIS BROS SO PLEASE READ

This is the better of the two I think

http://forums./showthread.php?87938-How-to-KEEP-GAINS-from-steroids#.UVGrISd5mc1

http://www.exrx.net/WeightTraining/LowVolumeTraining.html

Hi Tony

I've read the lower link on exrx website. The top one just brings up search articles on Bros, some 80's boy-band (Mark and Luke Gos). :(

Anyway, my take on this article is that it's basically academic theory rather than applicable science. Bompa, who several citations are referenced to, is an author and leading voice on Periodisation. I think that's why some of the recommendations for 1 or 2 sets of any particular exercise are based as part of a Microcycle. From this I gather that the higher intesity/low volume workouts are only to be used by certain resistance training populations and for only part of a training period, say 3-8 weeks. I don't think this form of training has any real basis or benefit when implemented full-time, eg.) All off-season or all -on season, or both.

Essentially, I reckon it has its place as a plateaux breaker or for an individual looking to switch up training for variety. It might also be used by trainers coming back from injury or the training of lagging body parts that might not be responding to more conventional forms of training. Either way, I don't think the article suggests or makes a good case for training like this long term for all populations of natural or off-cycle trainers. However, high intensity/low volume as espounsed in the article certainly has its place in BBing, it's just a matter of determining if it will work for you, and when would it work best?

Thanks for posting it up, it's an interesting read.

Regards,
Craig

Thanks and I think tge link was messed up and this article starts by going over pct and keeping gains but at the end of the article it goes into training off cycle/ natural and how better gains would be seen by less volume. I understand what u are saying it's just at one point I was in an environment where training was not available as often as liked and time on the Rec yard was sometimes cut short and the I seemed to have Gained a lot which is why I am curious. This was the better read so I'll try to repost it.

http://forums./showthread.php?87938-How-to-KEEP-GAINS-from-steroids#.UVGrISd5mc1

Top Bottom