Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Obama, not concerned with the day-to-day "gyrations" of the stock market?

I'm still trying to figure out how the Bush tax cuts caused the financial services crisis. I hear Dems blame Bush economic policies for the current economic crisis but I don't see it. Sure, his deficit spending probably helped weaken the dollar but oil prices had more of an impact.
I don't believe tax cuts had much to do with it either. I think you could blame a lot of other poliicies though.

clinton is largely responsible for what is happening today but everyone wants to slam bush...he got rid of a lot of the preventions that were put in place during the great depression such as the glass-steagall act...The repeal enabled commercial lenders such as Citigroup, which was in 1999 then the largest U.S. bank by assets, to underwrite and trade instruments such as mortgage-backed securities and collateralized debt obligations and establish so-called structured investment vehicles, or SIVs, that bought those securities...obama is on the path to fucking up majorly...he will be this generations Jimmmy Carter
Well then...

The bill that ultimately repealed the Act was introduced in the Senate by Phil Gramm (Republican of Texas) and in the House of Representatives by Jim Leach (R-Iowa) in 1999. The bills were passed by Republican majorities on party lines by a 54-44 vote in the Senate[12] and by a 343-86 vote in the House of Representatives[13]. After passing both the Senate and House the bill was moved to a conference committee to work out the differences between the Senate and House versions. The final bipartisan bill resolving the differences was passed in the Senate 90-8 (1 not voting) and in the House: 362-57 (15 not voting). Having majorities large enough to override any possible Presidential veto, the legislation was signed into law by President Bill Clinton on November 12, 1999. [14]

Glass-Steagall Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Does he realize gyration assumes an upward movement, the market has lost 33% since he came into office...talk about talking bullshit. WTF, someone save us PLEASE!!!

He bitched about the deficit and said he would reduce it and his spending in the fist 20 months is set to surpass the entire 8 years of debt made by Bush.

I told everyone we had a bigger idiot moving in than the one going out. America got change and they deserve it!

Once he gets to play with the Census and gives amnesty to 20 million illegals it will not matter anyway. The two-party system will be dead and you will all live with these liberals forever.

Perhaps and it takes a country more than 100 days to come out of a downturn / recession.

Signs of change will be seen probably q4 of 09 but the impact and damage will still be seen in 2010 and perhaps longer. We are in a new scene of the world where customer service and true uniqueness will rule.

If companies don't start changing their approach unemployment will continue for a long time to come.

Take a look at the excise, business and other taxes being proposed. Businesses are NEVER going to get out of this mess if they are punished.

As for energy discussed above, he is attacking oil companies full speed (just like he said he would). His policies, along with his anti-drilling and anti-coal policies, along with his energy cap BS is going to drive energy costs through the roof. ALL OF US not just the rich are going to get squeezed with this. It is guaranteed.

I told everyone we had a bigger idiot moving in than the one going out. America got change and they deserve it!

You seem to forget who is calling the shots in Washington. Bow down to President Pelosi and her sidekick...Barney Fag.

The day 20 Million illegals receive amnesty is the day people start shooting them. This country is honestly on pace for another revolt if Washington keeps up the BS.

My bad, I was referring to his plans...or lack thereof...for the financial sector, which is arguably the one thing holding this market back from beginning a new bull transition.

Remember, the average bear market lasts 14 months and erases 36.2% of the market. Were due for a turnaround.

Past prices and past recessions do not predict future prices and future recessions. Policy matters. I personally know a ton of people who are pulling their money out of the US and will not bring it back until things clear up. There is so much uncertainty going on right now and the policies being established are not directed at long term economic growth. Nearly 2/3rds of the stimulus is directed at social programs that will need to funded again in the future. It is like investing $1 in a company, the company tells you that 66 cents is going to be given to employees to increase their benefits and the other 34 cents will be used for investment. I do not know an investment on the face of the earth that can earn long term returns large enough to cover an initial 66% loss. (If you do let me know so I can invest in it!)

Here is a cool statistic that we are all going to pay for. Look at the current interest payment the US makes on its debt for 2007. Double that. Then look at the tax revenues the US gets each year. If Obama's policies continue along the same path nearly 30-40% of every tax dollar we spend is going to be used to pay off interest on our debt.

Next, look at the interest rate payments of countries that have collapsed in the past and you'll see we are moving to the point of no return.

MM....I'm going to gyrate some shorts on Sears Holdings and Ed Lampert. Fugger fired his district managers, has not contributed to the company 401k since last Fall, and has told insiders that all employees will be fired and rehired at $8.50 per hour (ala Circuit City).

And I'll open a short can of whoop ass on American Airlines since they cannot refinance their bond debts.

Or he can simply look at Japan and do the exact opposite of what they did.

I guess he doesnt really know that much about Japans Lost Decade considering he is following their playbook step-by-step.

I scratched my head when Obama referenced Japan's "Lost Decade" as a reason to have a big government stimulus package.

i just re opened my trading my trading account....

when this bottoms its going to be insane ....

Top Bottom