Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Oats...what kind?

LaviathanX

I have the Quaker Instant Oats that comes in a cylindrical container and I scoop it out, add equal and cinnamon, and pour hot water over it. Is this the right kind of oats to get?

The GI ordered from highest to lowest would be instant oatmeal, quick oatmeal, old-fashioned oatmeal, steel cut oatmeal, and whole oats

I would go with old-fashioned oatmeal

but there is no big difference

As far as taste, is there a difference? And can you pour hot water on old-fashioned oats just like instant oats? What do you guys use?

I take old fashioned oats, put approx. 3/4 cup (dry) in cereal bowl, cover with water and cook in microwave for 2 mins. Then 2 packets of splenda and a sprinkle of molly mcbutter or smartbeat.

Whenever I put it in the microwave, it explodes everywhere. It just rises up and spills all over the place, getting all over everything. I just add one cup of old fashioned oats to 2 cups of boiling water, then turn the heat down to like medium or so so it won't bubble up. 4 equals and some cinnamon.

The instant oats are easier to cook b/c you dont have to cook them for 5 mins like you do the old fashioned kind, you just add hot water and they're good to go.

I'll try the Molly McButter tomorrow morning. I didnt think it'd be good but I'll give it a shot.

I put 1/2 or 3/4 cup dry OLD FASHIONEd Quaker oats in a bowl, add water, microwave a couple minutes, add splenda then either vanilla or cinnamon.. yummy. :p

Top Bottom