Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

nolvadex: good or bad??

supergirl

High End Bro
Platinum
so.. i hear reports on nolvadex as an estrogen blocker.. it prohibits estrogen from binding to receptors... So does it work on females looking to get leaner? Will it work while on gear and promote the effects of gear? Does it have an adverse effect on our own estrogen production?
Anyone having used it or done some serious research on it.. please share with us and post here, because i know a few of us are really curious!! Thanks

In my opinion it won't promote gains. It doesn't stop the aromatization of AS. Only block some of the receptors. Arimidex on the other hand would possibly help. My girlfriend has used 10mg of nolvadex a day with good results. Excess estrogen isn't good no matter how you look at it. More estrogen=more fat...

Daeo said:
In my opinion it won't promote gains. It doesn't stop the aromatization of AS. Only block some of the receptors. Arimidex on the other hand would possibly help. My girlfriend has used 10mg of nolvadex a day with good results. Excess estrogen isn't good no matter how you look at it. More estrogen=more fat...
that comment made absolutely no sense.. you don't think it would work, however your gf has used it yet you think armidex would work... LOL maybe you meant your gf used armidex???

Drugs such a Nolvadex and Clomid work by blocking Estrogen receptors Arimidex works by inhibiting the enzyme aromatase altogether. Bodybuilders may use this drug to prevent aromatization while on a high androgen cycle.
Steroid users take Nolvadex to prevent the effects of estrogen in the body. This estrogen is most often the result of aromatizing steroids.
Nolvadex can aid in preventing edema, gynecomastia, and female pattern fat distribution, all of which might occur when a man's estrogen levels are too high. Also, these effects can occur when androgen levels are too low, making estrogen the predominant hormone.

BUT... does it work with women??? Same question.. still need answers!!!

Didn't mean to confuse you. She has used Nolvadex before and was pleased with the results. I don't think it made her cycle anymore effective than usual though(as far as muscle gains are concerned). Both substances would still make you retain less water/fat. But when it comes to which one would work better I have to say Arimidex is the choice. But if you don't have the cash or access to nolvadex would do just fine...

I've used it during precontest and personally I think it will only make a huge difference if you're fairly lean already. It will help reduce the estrogen stores that you have, like hips/thighs/glute area. It did wonders for me in that area... But I was also doing cardio twice per day and had a crazy diet. Taking 20mgs per day was the dose I took.

In my opinion, if you've only got certain areas on your body that just wont go away and your diet/cardio/lifting is all in check then do it because it will help you.

--Iron Queen

Queen,

How far out before your show did you start it? Did you start at a lower doseage work your way up to 20? Did you run it through your show? Did you have any rebound effects? I have never taken it before now and was just curious? Thanks a lot for any help and advice.

You can start it at 20mgs and just leave it at that the whole time. When I took it the first time I came off it and had some bleeding because of the estrogen rebound so don't come off til after the show. I also started it at 6 weeks out, but you can really start it anytime earlier than that. The longer the better really.

A professional bodybuilder I know uses it year round to help stay lean and comes off when she wants to get her period.

My experience is similar to Iron Queen's. I used 10-20mg per day starting 6 weeks out (when I'm down to ~12%bf or less) from comp. I also have tried it when I wasn't lean and it didn't do anything for me. I think the extra estrogen churned out from large adipose stores may swamp the effects of Nolvadex, but as the adipose reserves go down you produce less peripheral estrogen and Nolvadex may have a better chance at competing at the receptor level. Nolvadex is also picky as to how it acts at diff receptors, and can have a negative impact on triglycerides. This may be why postmenopausal women given Nolvadex are likely to GAIN fat. Nolvadex can also be estrogenic at some receptors, and it may be that different women have varying distribution of these receptors in their thighs and butts.

Whatever the theory, in practice many women find it works OK once they've already lost most of the fat, and is good to help get rid of the last of that stubborn lower bodyfat. But if you're post menopausal, not dieting and not already lean then you may gain fat.

Arimidex on the other hand, will inhibit the production of a large percentage of estrogen and should 'in theory' work more consistantly in women looking to block the gain of fat from estrogen. I haven't tried Arimidex. I'm wondering if Wilson6 has any client info on this supplement?

Top Bottom