Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Newby needs some advice

tanman

I have lifted on and off for several years. I just had my 26th birthday and have decided that I want to look better than I ever have this year. My stats are as follows. 6'1 170 lbs with about 12% bf. I realize that I don't have the best genetics and will never be a bb but I would like to look my best. I was wondering if someone could help me set up a real work out plan, as well as a good diet, to add some muscle. My real goal is to add around 15 pounds of muscle in the next 4-5 months. I am not new to hard work. I was a collegiate bicycle racer. Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Tanman

Right now I lift four times a week.

Day 1

Flat dumbbell press

Flat barbell press

dips

Flies

Tricep ext

abs

Day 2

Back and bi's

Hammer curls

preacher curls

bent-over rows

Day 3

Leg Press

Calves

Extensions

Leg curls

abs

Day 4

shoulder press

Shrugs

various other shoulder exercise I really don't know the names of

abs

I also mountain bike at least twice a week for an hour or two for cardio

Tanman

Chin-ups and squats are sadly lacking. regarding everything else, what do you want? A diet plan? This site has hundreds. A new training plan? Ditto.

Give us a better idea of what feedback you're looking for. How much do you eat right now?

More info needed on what you eat.
Welsh Power House wrote up a good basic program in my thread "How often do you change programs?", check it out. Basically you want to stay with the big 6 exercises for most of the next 4-5 months and get your eating habits right.

I seriously hope you plan to be into training for longer than 4-5 months though.

hardgainer (train for life)

My diet is really pretty clean. I have a weight gain shake for breakfast consisting of protein factory protein, a bannana, flax seed oil, and milk. I drink another one of these before I go to bed. I then eat three more meals throughout the day. They usually consist of lean meats and some vegetables. I am gradually trying to increase my caloric intake. I am up to around 3000-3200 calories a day. I take pride in the fact that I do eat relatively healthy, but am always willing to listen to advice on it I was looking more for a training routine for a hard-gainer. What specific exercises should I be concentrating on? Things like add chin-up and squats. I really appreciate you guys that have helped out.

Tanner

Top Bottom