Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Newbie looking for constructive criticism

BJJ _girl

Hi. There doesn't seem to be much activity in the Ladies Forum so I hope it's okay to post in here. I'm not new to fitness but I've been training hard and eating clean for a while and have hit a wall for the last year so it's time to change things up a bit.

I'm 5ft 5ins, 126lbs at supposedly at 18%bf although I suspect it's closer to 20%.

I'd like to cut down to about 15% but I'd also like to gain some lean muscle too (or at least not lose any).

I've started a cycle of Anavar (first time ever) although I suspect it might be Winstrol instead.

This is what I started this week....

Meal 1 - 2 eggs. Shake of 20g oats, 200ml unsweetened almond milk and hemp protein. 2.5mg Anavar. Fish oil caps. Calcium/magnesium/zinc caps.

Meal 2 - 150g lean protein with green veg. CLA caps.

Meal 3 - 150g lean protein with 1 avocado.

Meal 4 - 10 almonds. 2.5mg Anavar.

Pre-workout drink

Workout with BCAAs

Meal 5 - 150g oily fish with green veg. Creatine

If I've calculated correctly, it will bring me in around 1250kcal (I've been told that bodyweight x 10 is right for cutting) and with 1.5g protein per pound of bodyweight.

Training wise - per week I do 6 mma/bjj sessions , 4 weight sessions (2 upper & 2 lower), 3 metcon type sessions.

Any criticism/advice/ideas??????

That is a lot of training for only 1250cals, what were you taking in before starting the diet? Were you doing this much exercise before the diet?

That is a lot of training for only 1250cals, what were you taking in before starting the diet? Were you doing this much exercise before the diet?

I thought it was very low too - had very little energy in training last night. Before starting the above I would have had more carbs (sweet potato or brown rice post training) and oily fish (salmon/mackerel) twice a day.

Yes I've been training like that for the past six months. It's tough but I want to get my first mma fight early next year.

Wow, good for you! That is awesome! You have more than enough time to cut. I would go back to roughly the intake you were doing pre-diet and slowly cut a little each week. 1.5-2g per pound is great, bring carbs and fat down slowly.
Example: say pre-diet was 2,000cal per day. Drop daily intakw by 50-100cals each week. You might eventually reach 1250cals, but you won't risk muscle or creating a bad situation where your metabolism levels out and you have no more calories to take away. Plus you need enough energy to perform well with all of your training! Haha

Thanks for the help. I'll add some carbs back into my post training meal and see how that goes.

I was just a little worried about eating too much - my friends bf is on the same anavar as me and he's piling on the weight (obviously he's on a much higher dose).

He's taking a big dose, as well as a caloric surplus. Anavar is better for recomp than gains imo. Even at maintenance calorie intake on cycle you won't see a bunch of gains. I would just try to bring calories back up before cycling off. Anavar upregulates metabolism, so 1250 calories on cycle might be more like 1000 off cycle.

Top Bottom