Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need supplement advice for beginner weight training to increase muscle mass

GRINCH,

First off, if you are wanting to get bigger, then you need to take at least one day completely off from exercise a week. This will give you body time to recooperate. Overtraining is a serious problem that can hinder gains, not to say that you are but if you perform some form of exercise everyday you are on your way. If wanting to gain size, also cut down on your cardio a little bit. Maybe do shorter sessions.
I would suggest getting your protein intake up to 250 grams per day. Do this thru tuna chicken and protein powders. Also take a multi vitamin twice a day. I would stick with that for awhile then add some creatine as suggested by the other guys.

My workout is cardio on M,W,F (20-25 minutes during lunch hour, pretty intense) and weights on T,Th,S so I do have one day off.

I wonder if it may be easier to take the protein powder rather than eating those darn protein bars. It's an acquired taste, but still I can't imagine at 30g each eating 5 or more a day. What protein powders are good?

Grinch,

Protein bars are somewhat difficult to digest, but at least the flavors are getting better. I would definitely recommend mixing a shake, however. My personal favorite is optimum double chocolate. I only need to supplement 2 shakes a day, because I get the rest of my protein through my normal diet. I would suggest this also, otherwise your looking at some boring eating habits.

Pure creatine monohydrate powder should be fine, also.

A couple more good websites:

www.netrition.com
www.dpsnutrition.com

Top Bottom