Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

need some help on losing fat/gaining muscle (noob ectomorph)

turtlecool

Hey guys i'll just start with some background, this is kinda long sorry :/

8 months on 4 months off...
started bodybuilding one year ago, pretty sure im an ectomorph (6inch wrists) was really skinny before i started lifting.
starting stats: 170cm 48kg (105 pounds) 18 years old, 3x a week
current stats: 170cm 63.5kg (139 pounds) 19 years old, recently started 5x a week

lifted for eight months then went overseas for seasonal work, was 63kg before i left, came back at 60kg. Funny because I lost 3kg's in the first week but maintained the rest for the two months.

Came back to Australia went from 60-63.5kg in 3 weeks.

About 4 months in I started taking serious mass (on nutrition), it helped me gain kgs quickly but i realised i gained quite a bit of fat around the lower stomach area and mid waist recently.
Although the rest of my body seems to have low bodyfat.

My diet consisted of serious mass, white rice, eggs around 4-6 a day, peanut butter, almonds, occasionally fast food and different kinds of meat. I would get in around 3000-3300 calories a day.

I want to take bodybuilding more seriously now and I want to advice on losing the gut? I was thinking of getting rid of the serious mass since I'm not that skinny anymore. I think thats the reasons I got to fat from it as i took it everyday, it has 250carbs in one full serving.
Would doing a clean diet 40/20/20 lower the body fat, only recently discovered about macro balance. or should i do some cardio light/hard?

edit: cant post pic sorry need to be on for 14 days

How tall are you?

Yea.. read ALL the diet stickies up there ^^^ Good stuff in those... and I would suggest lifting 4 x week.. and doing cardio maybe 2 - 3 x...

What sort of diet did you have in mind... fire it up.. and we'll see where you're at.. :)

How tall are you?

Yea.. read ALL the diet stickies up there ^^^ Good stuff in those... and I would suggest lifting 4 x week.. and doing cardio maybe 2 - 3 x...

What sort of diet did you have in mind... fire it up.. and we'll see where you're at.. :)

40/20/20 only adds upto 80. eat clean. protein and veggies, since your starting out id start with a beginner 5x5 program, with cardio on your off days. rippetoe is an easy one to get into. once your comfortable with that you can add some isolated bodypart workouts after the 5x5 part of the workout is finished. weights for muscle, cardio for fatloss. and when you eat dont stuff yourself like a pig. eat till your satisfied

40/20/20 only adds upto 80. eat clean. protein and veggies, since your starting out id start with a beginner 5x5 program, with cardio on your off days. rippetoe is an easy one to get into. once your comfortable with that you can add some isolated bodypart workouts after the 5x5 part of the workout is finished. weights for muscle, cardio for fatloss. and when you eat dont stuff yourself like a pig. eat till your satisfied
cobra nailed it right there for ya . SL 5x 5 or starting strength till you have a good srong base . you see too many newbs doing this split n that routine that theve plucked out of the air or some muscle mag and they cant evan do good deep squats or DL for reps with their own bw on the bar . dont be that guy !

Top Bottom