Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need some advice

Paintrix

I recently found this web site and I've enjoyed reading these forums, but I still can't seem to find a good answer to the questions I have. After a particularly rough period of time (divorce, job loss, trying to finish college) I had gone from 155 lbs to 185lbs. About two years ago I was able to finally get my life back in order but I was struggling with this weight. I started walking, increasing the distance gradually, then added running. Changed my diet to to one that was low carb and as clean as possible. I felt better but didn't lose a pound. I took last winter off, mostly because my job was crazy, but then started back up walking/running again last Spring. I've done three 5k events this summer and I'm doing my first 10k race in October. I feel pretty good, and much stronger than I did two years ago. I've also added a boot camp style fitness class twice a week, along with running/walking about 15 miles per week. I'm doing something physical five days a week. And still the weight doesn't budge.
I'm 52 years old, have NOT gone through menopause yet, 5' 7", and I'm eating about 1500 calories a day. I have no chronic health issues, and I'm not on any prescriptions. So my first question is what am I doing wrong that is preventing me from shedding this weight? My second question is would it be safe for me to try clen? I've read a lot about it and wonder if it might help me. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Possible thyroid issues? Seems like you are active enough, but also I have heard as you age it becomes harder to loose weight also.

Clen is rough. It'll take some weight off of you but mostly water weight that comes right back when you cycle off. It was an emotional roller coaster for me, to be honest. I used it in a similar situation. I'd hit a plateau with my weight loss and then started gaining as I hit some rough times. I'd get all excited at having lost 10 pounds only to gain 8 back when I cycled off. Plus, it made me feel horrendous. I didn't get awful muscle cramps like some people do but I had the shakes all the time and headaches on a regular basis even when I kept my water intake up. Truth? Wasn't worth it in the slightest. The only time I'd ever use clen again is if I was competing. Very temporary for a show with the expectation of gaining all of the weight back.
You'd likely be better served to start lifting and ease up on the cardio. See if that makes any difference and then re-evaluate the diet.

I would run bloods for thyroid - ft4, ft3, TSH, rt3.

Also run bloods for a male hormone panel. If you have low Testosterone this could cause inability to loose weight. Make sure the panel includes free T.

Also get your glucose levels checked insulin resistance could be another possible factor.

Top Bottom