Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

need new chest routine

gabeck2001

Having a bitch of a time trying to make my chest fuller, need info on how to doctor up routine so I can start seeing some good gains. Thanks for any info guys

I'd say just to try all different kinds of chest exercises and see which ones give you the best pump. Ask a personal trainer at your local gym about good chest exercises. When you find what works for you just work the hell out of that but remember at the same time to keep variation in your exercise methods.

Workout #1
Flat Barbell Bench 3X6
Incline Dumbell Bench 3X8
Dumbell Flys 3X8

Workout #2
Flat Dumbell Bench 3X8
Decline Barbell Bench 3X6
Cable Crossovers 3X10

Rotate these two routines from week to week. Also, if you have some energy left over at the end of your chest workout, do a set of dips to failure. It really kicks your ass and is a great bridge into your tricep workout(assuming you train chest and tri's together).

This is mine:

Flat Dumbell Presses 3x8
Incline Dumbell Presses 3x8
Declince Dumbell Presses 3x8
Incline or Flat Dumbell Flys 3x12
Decline Dumbells Flys 3x12
Incline Cable Flys 3x12
Flat Cable Fyls 3x12
Pullovers 3x12

Think I over train.......Nope.....My chest is my best asset.
:D

Flat Bench 3x4-6
Incline 3x4-6
Flyes 3x6-8
Dips 2x8-12
--This is my routine now. I go as heavy as possible on ALL lifts. Seems to be working good for me.

Good luck with whatever you do.

My current chest workout is pretty basic but it's working nicely..

Incline barbell bench 3x(6-8)
flat dumbbell bench 3x(6-8)
weighted dips 3x(8-10)
flat dumbbell flyes 3x(8-10)

YUM

That's a hell of a lot of sets Golf but if it works thats all that matters. Here's mine. Been doing it for 6 months and can put up 420 now with my feet up (up from 400). I don't bench with my feet on the floor. I feel I can isolate the muscle better with my knees to my chest.

Flat 1x12 (warmup)
1x8
1x4
1x1

Incline DB's 4x8

Flys 3x10

I lift as heavy as possible

I have done similar workouts in the past but I see one common theme in all of your workouts. High Reps.

I hit a plateu about a year ago and got some input from a power lifter. It sounds bsic but do 5 sets of 5! You should not be able to do one more rep on any given set. It usually means that your weight will decrease as you do sets.
Give it a try.
Remember, thre is no majic workout, just find something that works and stick with it.

good luck

Top Bottom