Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need more calories???

FourPhaseMan

I am an edurance athelete. I run about 15-20 miles a week and swim about four miles a week. I eat clean but have never really counted calories just tried to eat healthy, stay away from junk ect... I'm 5'8 around 170. I don't life weights but two days a week I'll do a few rounds of pull ups, push ups, dips, ect... I'm trying to drop a few pounds, nothing major, would like to be a solid 165. So I decided to track a normal days food intake and here is what I got.

I took in just under 2000 calories. Got about 1 gram of protein per pound of body wieght. Carbs were just under that. Fat was under twenty grams.

With all the cardio I'm doing my calories seem way low. How in the world can I still be holding a tiny bit of fat around my midsection with all this cardio and so few calories?

Some advice would be great here. Remembering mass is not what I seek. I would like to hold onto my muscle but burn out this last bit of fat. My calories are this low because I'm just not hungry. I'm eating five meals, two of which are MRP's.

Thanks for your advice!

Probably lay off the carbs a little bit. Almost as much carbs as protein? Wrong way to go. Rather, throw some more fat into your diet. You're not getting enough fat so your body is just storing every gram it gets.
At your size, 2000 calories seems kinda low. You should be getting more around 2600-2700 on your active days.

~dE

If you're an endurance athlete (like my husband, the cyclist) you 're using the carbs for energy. Don't slack off them, but make sure they're high fiber.

You probably need more good fats--olive oil, flax, natural peanut butter. Takes fat to burn fat. I'd say your cals. are too low, too. 2600 to 2800 on your active days sounds right to me.

Top Bottom