Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need Help To Get Faster!!

Training4life

PLEASE GUYS!!! some one give me somekind of a work out that will help me get faster... do i need to lose a little wieght to get fast??? PLZ someone tell me how!! and i dont want to do any of that shitty dieting crap! i want to keep on gaining power and get faster.. PLZ HELP!!! its very important.. cuz my coach wants me playing running back for my high school football team!! HELP!!

as fow weight training concerned, focus on explosive dynamic multijoint exercises that mimic sprint action and avoid isolation static exercises such as larry scott curls

Good weight training exercises:

clean and jerk
jump squats
push press
hang cleans
weighted dips

do abs every other day,
train calves for strentgh not size (meaning 10-6 reps)

plyometrics jump training every other week (be carefull)

cardio interval training

Right, the best way to get fast is to concentrate more on sprinting than weights, you still need to lift weights but not how a bodybuilder would.

do sprints 3 days a week, do sprints of 10 metres, 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60 metres.....rest 3-4 minutes after each sprint and make sure you warm up before hand.
you should first jog the distances a few times to get your body temperature up, then stretch, never stretch before you are warmed up!

On one or two of the other days, when you are not sprinting or training with your team, do....

5 sets of power cleans of 4-6 reps
3 sets of hang cleans of 4-6 reps
3 sets of snatches of 1-2 reps
5 sets of dips doing as many as you can grind out

before you do the above training, if you have never done them before, get some one who knows what they are doing to show you the proper form.
Remember to lift through your legs and not your back and wear a training belt!

I would also advise you to use creatine, along with the training it will help you get faster.

GOOD LUCK!

When I wanted to attempt to play football in college at Pitt, which was a dream so quickly shattered, I had to work on strength and speed. As for speed, I dropped close to 4/10 of a second off of my 40 time. As posted above interval sprints work very well. I'm not sure if I trained properly because i'm pretty much new at this, but exploisive strength exercises helped a lot, like cleans, squats, clean and jerk etc.. Also work plyometrics to get flexibility and strength in supporting areas. If you've ever played football, it's all those crazy warm up drills that you did for 15 yards. All that needs to be done in the case of plyos is extend them to 40-50 yards, like majorettes (leg kick outs) high knees, fast feet, carioca, backpeddling, squatted shuffle, also if you can try to do resistance sprints, with either a parachute or weight, I found that that did lots for my endurance and speed. That's all I can say, but I did see results

Top Bottom