Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need Diet Advice

jugarelly

After a long hiatus, I'm ready to start hitting the gym again. About 6 months ago, I was at about 195 lbs and was lean and strong. Since then, I haven't been working out or eating particularly well. I'm down around 170 lbs now and have softened a bit. I was wondering if I should first go into a caloric deficit to try and cut down on fat and then up the calories to start putting on lean mass. Any advice is appreciated.

I was thinking about maybe cutting out 20% or so off my caloric intake for a month and then upping it to try and climb back towards my ideal size. I'm probably going to do a 40% protein, 30% carbs, 30% fat breakdown.

I've used Tatyana's helpful 'Dieting Information' sticky to come up with the following: Current details: Weight - 175lbs Height - 6 ft 1 inch Fat guesstimate: 15% or 26.25lbs Fat goal: 9% BMR: 1863 Phase 1 - Weight Loss: Caloric deficit to lose 1.5 lbs of fat per week - 813.75 Total daily calories during phase: 2074 Duration - 8 weeks Phase 2 - Lean Mass: New weight - 163 lbs Bodyfat - 8.7% BMR - 1788 Daily maintenance calories - 2772 Calories with 15% increase to bulk - 3188 Caloric breakdown during both phases - 40% protein, 35% carbs, 25% fat

After a long hiatus, I'm ready to start hitting the gym again. About 6 months ago, I was at about 195 lbs and was lean and strong. Since then, I haven't been working out or eating particularly well. I'm down around 170 lbs now and have softened a bit. I was wondering if I should first go into a caloric deficit to try and cut down on fat and then up the calories to start putting on lean mass. Any advice is appreciated.

I was thinking about maybe cutting out 20% or so off my caloric intake for a month and then upping it to try and climb back towards my ideal size. I'm probably going to do a 40% protein, 30% carbs, 30% fat breakdown.

i personally would forget all the numbers and calculator crap, hit the cardio first thing in the morning 6 days per weak, cut out all the junk from the diet, cut all night time carbs and get your bf where it needs to be for your comfort. then hit the weights and start building muscle adding food as needed to grow.

i personally would forget all the numbers and calculator crap, hit the cardio first thing in the morning 6 days per weak, cut out all the junk from the diet, cut all night time carbs and get your bf where it needs to be for your comfort. then hit the weights and start building muscle adding food as needed to grow.
yes bro. no junk, clean diet, AM morning cardio on an empty stomach 3-4 days a week.

Drop your intake of sugar and flour products. Up your veggies and animal flesh.
You'll dump water and fat. Slowly reintroduce some fruit and whole grains after 6 weeks.
yes, make sure you drink a lot of water. water only.

Thanks for the advice. I'm starting back up in full next week. It will be good to be in shape again. Not working out has me so tired and sluggish all the time.

Top Bottom