Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need Advice

shibs

Stay frosty
I just turned 18, and have been lifting weights for about 4 or 5 years, but mostly just for sports. Now seeing that i have no sports to lift for i have just been lifting to get bigger/stronger. i usually work out 4-5 times a week. I'll do chest, bi's, shoulder, deltoid, & abs one day, and the next do legs, back, lats. I usually alternate these days, and have started off doing 10-12 reps X 3 sets on every lift. (except calf raises, about 15-18 reps) I've become pretty strong over the years, (compared to other people i know) here are some of my maxes..
265-Bench
355~Squat
225~Power Clean

I'm weighing about 172 at 5'11 with a 9.8 BF%
I'm taking a scoop and a half of MaxPro protein (45g of protein) after workout, Anabolic Halo after workout, and a creatine monohydrate, and have a pretty healthy diet.

I have a boxing match a few months from now, and i need to get in shape for it. I have a hard time finding time to fit in some cardio to build my lungs up since i'm usually pretty gassed after my lifting sessions. I really don't wanna wake up a half-hour earlier to go running, although i might have to.

I guess what i want to know is what kind of lifting will most get me ready for my match? How am i going to fit the cardio in? Or once i start training will it be enough to get me in shape?

One last thing, if i could put on any more solid muscle, that'd be great.
I've been reading the forums for a few hours tonight and have learned a ton, but not too knowledgeable yet

Thanks in advance for the help!

I can't help you with the cardio. But I can help with the strength. But first I would like to know why the deadlift is not included in your list of maxxes. I know at the school I coach at, that the DL is ignored by everyone but me.

I really suggest that you go to EliteFTS and for $20 get yourself a copy of Wendler's 5/3/1 eBook. It is a great program for packing on strength and some mass. I have used the program myself, and have the kids I coach on it right now (both boys and girls). Their progress has been phenomenal. I have sophomores who can deadlift and squat over 500. The added benefit to all this, is that Wendler really spends the time telling you why his concepts work, and the theory behind it all.

The other thing I wanted to mention, is that there is some research that suggests that the human body is incapable of absorbing more than 30g of protein per meal. So I think with that 45g PWO you are taking in too much at one shot and the excess is just going town the toilet (literally and figuratively). Additionally, a good PWO drink needs to have some good carbs in it like waxy maze. These carbs help your body spike its insulin levels helping it absorb that protein more efficiently and completely.

Now, I hope that someone else can chime in here with the cardio for you.

Please don't hesitate to ask more questions! That's what we're here for!

B-

Thanks for the advice i'll definitely check out that book. The Anabolic Halo i take after my workout though also has insulin enhancers, so would that up my absorbtion of protein?

And yeah i haven't done deadlifts since i stopped my football program. I think the program we used was a Weider 7 or 8 week cycle thing.

Does anyone know how long you have to run/bike to improve your cardio? Someone told me that twenty minutes as a minimum, and i could do it for twenty minutes before, and then another twenty minutes after my workout. Is this right? I don't see how that would work very efficiently.

Also, i've been reading a lot on the forums and noticed hardly anyone lifts this kind of regiment i have set up for myself. I noticed lots of people only workout two muscle groups a day, but i can't imagine how that takes very long, and how you can make gains lifting one muscle group a week.

Is there something completely retarded about how i'm lifting? Sorry all i know is what i've been taught my sports coaches, and none of them were really expert lifters.

Haha i thought i knew alot until i came across these forums :newbie:

Top Bottom