Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need advice on building huge traps.

Slyder190

My traps suck. I used to deadlifts with as part of my back routine but stopped because my hams were still sore on leg day. I'm thinkin of goin with 3/4 deadlifts to hit my traps and low back real good. My question is, do you think it's a good idea to do traps exercises and deads in the same workout? I do traps with back right now. Guys out there with huge traps, what do you recomend?

Yes, do deads on trap day if it pleases you.

Then, grab two kegs, of whatever size, one in each hand and walk as far as you possibly can. Have two heavy stones on each side of your walking course. When you get to the stones, drop the kegs, (power)clean the stones and throw them as far as you can overhead. Repeat as necessary. Static holds and shrugs will work well, but aren't near as entertaining as what I just outlined.

Try it out every once in a while. You could even get your partner to be blindfolded and you could throw the rocks at him. Crushing of the skull gets you a bonus of 200 points.

I think working traps on deadlift day is a good idea.The deads heavily involve the traps, so by adding one or two additional movements you could have a complete trap/dead workout.Here is an idea:
1)Power or Hang Cleans-These really hit the traps hard due to their explosive nature and they are excellent for warming up for deadlifts as they initially follow the same movement pattern(with lighter weight)
2)Deadlifts
3)Dynamic or Power Rack Shrugs-dynamic shrugs are done explosively(with the same type of explosive shrugging movement used in cleans), Rack Shrugs are done in the power rack.Set the safety pins at a position in the rack where,when doing a shrug, they stop the bar about 2 inches from the completion of the rep.Once you shrug the bar up into the pins hold it for a 10 count.Treat this as one set.
These three exercises should be a complete trap/erector workout.

Top Bottom