Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Nausea with Intensity

Fennec

Hi guys,

My trainer just switched up my program, I've got some new exercises I have never done before, he's having me superset a lot, plus less rest time in between sets in general. This is great, and I'm excited but I have a little problem - I keep getting up to a point in the set where I start to feel nauseous and it's breaking my concentration. I feel like I could get a few more reps in, if I wasn't suddenly concentrating on keeping my last meal down. This is happening on most sets.

I know nauseous feelings sometimes happen when you train hard, and my trainer already told me this is totally normal at this level. Does anyone have any ideas to help me keep concentrating through it? I can force myself to keep fighting to failure through pain, but this is more like a surprise to my brain and wakes me up out of my little concentrated focus trance. Will I just get used to it?

Thanks in advance,
Fennec

Smile, it only gets more fun.

Don't worry, just like every other time, ( Remember the bike the first day?) you will adapt, and soon find that this level of training will be stimulating, and enjoyable. ( ok, maybe just stimulating.)

I am glad to hear that you kept your lunch, ( Loui would have been proud of you).

Take care babe, see ya tonight.:D

P.S. tonight is LEGSSSSS:bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

The moon reflected in a cold stream like an echo.E

Sure, sure, go ahead and laugh... :rolleyes: I'll never forget the bike...

I bow to your greater wisdom, and will proceed to suck it up and deal with it. :cool:

Thanks,
Fennec

It's perfectly normal. Your blood sugar levels fluctuate during workouts. Using a carb drink during your workouts helps. Most of the time I take it like a man though... :)

nausea

It will likely get better after a few weeks when you get used to the intensity. High intensity training increases the release of metabolites (i.e., lactate, ammonia, etc.). When you get used to this and buffering the increase in lactate, you'll feel better. Gotta watch the blood sugar as well by sipping on some carbs. Never eat a big meal to close to your workout. A number of my clients get sick or come close after their first heavy workout with me even though they thought they were in shape, then after a few weeks of training that level of intensity no longer bothers their stomach. They also learn to time their meals around workouts to prevent a full stomach and/or stabilize blood sugar.

W6

Top Bottom