Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My view on all Metabolism Boosters...

*exclaimer* Subjective information...

First off what is a metabolism booster? Its basically anything that raises the metabolism. This inturn causes the body to expend more calories, resulting in fat reduction and/or increased energy.. Sounds good to me!

Stimulant examples: coffee/tea/green tea (caffeine/anti-oxidents), ma-haung (ephedrine), xenadrine, kelp (iodine), amphetamines, etc..

Natural examples: food, water, hot/cold temperatures, excercise etc..

Not many companys that sell stimulants seem to do research on there long-term effects. Why not you say? Here are a few ideas:

1. Too expensive.
2. They want to earn a quick buck and have no care or concern for others.
3. Have done the research but don't want you to know. Not a good sign!

Heres my theory:

I think it is possible that the body quickly adapts to the effects of metabolic boosters and levels off into its regular metabolic pattern by use of its regulation system. So after a while the effects will disappear, or at least greatly depreciate. After the chemical is withdrawn the metabolism will then be 'lower' then it was before.

I will use coffee as an example, but most other metabolic enhancers may by substituted:

When you first start drinking coffee you have alot more energy. After a while it starts to level off and you don't get that 'buzz' or the 'shakes' you used to. You then have to increase the dose to get the previous effect you had. The body regulates itself again and the cycle repeats. You'll eventually stop drinking large amounts of coffee. Well, unless you plan to drink large amounts of coffee every day till you die (So in that case you'll forever be dependant (and possibly addicted) to coffee. Too much of anything for too long is not a good thing!) As a result of your body down-stepping your metabolism to attempt to keep it at its natural 'regular' level when you were 'on' caffeine, your metabolism will be 'lower' then when you started before, once you 'dismiss' caffeine. So your below the point you started at. Whats the purpose of this!?!

Heres an easier explanation: Its just like a diet. If you lose weight then go back to eating junk food, you gain the weight back, plus more then before. So if you wanna keep the weight off you must diet for life..

Thus: You cannot shortcut the system unless you plan to do it for life!

..And in that case: Your shortcutting nobody but yourself!

So,..
before metabolism booster = :)
with metabolism booster = :D
after metabolism boost = :( or :eek:

..that should simplify it!

So basically I'm not saying don't take metabolic boosters. Just try to be wise and take everything in moderation. Don't rush into things. This is generally good advice for anything in life...

Am I helping anyone by typing this bullshit? It appears to me like denial always wins over the truth.

Oh well :rolleyes:

I appreciate your knowledge, just dont understand why you think that by stopping usage of a metabolic booster, your body would burn less calories than before...maybe you could explain this part a little more through...

is this just a rant on thermos?
I agree about the body adapting to thier effects somewhat
but for body builders, don't most only use them for cutting, not during bulking?
At least that is my view on it, use for cardio sessoins to help keep the effectiveness up.
But I do agree that too many people in the gyms do not use them correctly.
Good logic, just not sure were you are heading with it.

I appreciate your knowledge, just dont understand why you think that by stopping usage of a metabolic booster, your body would burn less calories than before...

I'm not an expert enough to go into the molecular level of things if this is what you want.

I do think that for 'some duration' of time the bodys BMR will slow down. I'm not saying for life, if thats what you think I'm saying. It could be just for a few hours, a day, a week, or life if you've done serious damage to your thyroid, and I've heard of this happening to a few people.

is this just a rant on thermos?
I agree about the body adapting to thier effects somewhat
but for body builders, don't most only use them for cutting, not during bulking?

Like I said, they are great for getting cut up for the time-being. Some people expect to use them to get cut up and stop using them and keep the same body. All I'm saying is that you will have to keep taking them to keep the results,.. just like steriods. Make sense!?!

And no,.. this is not a rant on thermos.. Its a rant on misinformed bodybuilders taking thermos!

hi
a newbie here but well adept on herbal and chinese medicine
take a lesson from creatine
thermos are effective but there needs to be a rest period from them
in chinese medicine we suggest no more than two months on a supplement then two weeks off before starting up again
and different herbs/supplement work for different people
like for me i grew up on tea and it is not a diuretic for me but more a calmative
so go figure
most thermos tap the adrenos....green tea does not (according to asian medicine) but does speed up the meto in other ways
it is considered safe in the eyes of most asian medicine practioners

if you do find something that works let me know
i am hypothyroid and the only thing i find works is guggulipid
as for ephra/mu haung that is out of the question for me

Top Bottom