Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My take on ZMA

DanG

Got 2 bottles of 90 pills from GNC. Followed the directions for the first bottle, take 2 or 3 pills 30-60 minutes before bed. Did that and got nothing more than I would have without it. I did have to stop taking my pre-bed protien shake because of the zinc calcium battle.
Second bottle, same 3 pills, this time closer to 60-90 minutes before bed and right before bed took my usual protien shake. Same results. Nothing worth mentioning. I did miss about 3 days from start to finish where I forgot to take the pills, but I seriously doubt that made any difference.
Overall, a waste of money. I bought from GNC, so I'm taking back the 2 empty bottles and getting my money back.

I agree

it is totally worthless

it was the "supplement of the year 2001" but it will disappear in 2002 like so many marketing hype sups

ZMA to me has always been overpriced and not worth the money. If you read carefully it will only work if you are zinc deficient. If that's the case all you really need is enough zinc, so i bought zinc monometh(sp) 30mg before bed. The zinc is what is suppossed to help you keep your natural test levels running at optimal levels.

The magnesium, why the magnesium? Yeah we sweat it out but we sweat out a lot of other minerals as well, no sense in just taking one of the many minerals we need. So i take a multimineral or a good multivitamin/mineral.

ZMA did not worked very well for me and it was hard not consuming any food for 3 hrs before going to sleep. I worked nights from 7 pm to 7:30 am and start my workout at 8 am. So after getting home, I am usually carb depleted and hungry. There is data showing that most people are lacking ZMA and there has been several real life studies incating the ZMA is anabolic in some ways.

i think i overdose on zinc takin about hmm i think 60mg or was it 100 its either 30mg each cap or 50mg and i get the feeling like barfing

I read this on another board and forgot about this completely. Zinc lowers the amount of copper in your body... that's why they used to say it would be a good idea to supplement w/ copper.

Just another point or reason for going for the Multimineral and Zinc at night. I use 30mg of the monom... zinc.

Zinc Monomethionine

... which is better absorbed that other forms of Zn

agree with the multi minerals but you should take one w/o Calcium (and take extra Ca later)

Top Bottom