Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My personal experience with Metformin (Glucophage): A great cutting/anticatabolic drug.

big_boy_1

Tried Glucophage (Metformin) to cut a little.

Metformin is an antidiabetic drug, it does several things:

1. Reduces carbohydrate absorption in your intestines by about one third, so you decrease total calories, and insulin release.

2. Reduces insulin resistance, so your body produces a little less insulin, which decreases fat storage.

3. It reduces gluconeogenesis, that is sugar formation from amino-acids, thus reducing muscle breakdown during fasting.

4. It slightly reduces appetite.

I started with a very low dose of 125mg (1/4 of a 500 mg tab), and went up to 850 mg (one 850 mg tab). Now I always take it at night, preferably before dinner, since it upsets your stomach a little bit, when you start taking it, or when you increase the dose.

Have lost 12 pounds in less than 3 weeks, incredibly, most of them fat, have retained muscle tone, and my abs are getting defined again. My skin feels incredibly tight, thus improving the "ripped" look. Even my face looks slimmer, younger, now.

As metformin reduces carbohydrate absorption, be sure not to eat sugary foods, as glucose will remain longer in your intestine, causing gases, heartburn, or softening your feces (but not to the point of causing diarrhea).

Using it only at night, you feel almost no side effects, while cutting and preserving your muscle a lot.

you say the glucophage gives you some stomach distress? please explain.

Re: My personal experience with Metformin (Glucophage): A great cutting/anticatabolic

ALIN said:
you say the glucophage gives you some stomach distress? please explain.
It gives you some heartburn, and softer feces. Some people complain of nausea.
Since I take it just before dinner nausea (if it develops) would not be a problem since I would be sleeping.

As for the heartburn, you may take 1/4 or 1/2 Alka-Seltzer and thats it.

By using it only before bed, side-effects become very tolerable.

Re: My personal experience with Metformin (Glucophage): A great cutting/anticatabolic

are there any side effects to glucophage? is it dangerous?

i dont know much about this drug at all but your results intrigue me especially since im cutting right now. did you take any AA$ with this?

thanks.

trowsersnake98 said:
are there any side effects to glucophage? is it dangerous?

i dont know much about this drug at all but your results intrigue me especially since im cutting right now. did you take any AA$ with this?

thanks.
Most side effects are related to stomach upset. By taking it before bed, sides become tolerable IMO. At most you may need to take half an Alka-Seltzer along with it.

It is a very safe drug. Has been used in europe since 1957. In 2006 35 million prescriptions (for diabetics) were filled,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metformin
Haven't heard of deaths.

That's damned good info. I've often thought it would help with weight loss, but never heard anyone that's done it. Thanks for the info.

For the upset stomach, try prilosec. That shit is da bomb for me with all heartburn and most stomach problems.

holy ghost said:
i had a thread on it

nelson hates the shit i think

I took his advice and stayed away.
can you elaborate?

oh and big boy, how did you ramp it up?

Top Bottom