Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

monster wings

I would suggest incorporating wide-grip front chins into your back
routine... preferably starting off with them. They helped my back gain a lot of width and development.
:D:D

Im also trying to get wings.

my current back routine is as follows:
3 sets wide grip pull downs

3 sets reverse closegrip pulldowns

3 sets behind the neck pulldowns (i feel these in a different part of the back than i do with any other excersize)

3 sets dumbell rows

2 sets stiff legged deads to finish.

(i drop 1 set in a different exercise each time for a total of 13 sets for back)

I have noticed a quick increase in lat develpoment so far (been doing it about 1 and a half months now).

My lats are arguably my strongest part, but they weren't always:

Here's my exact routine (plus weights, so you can get an idea of warm-ups and % of max that I'm doing):

Hanging leg Raises from the pull-up bar:

2 sets of 8

Weighted pull-ups:

(bw + 45) x 6
(bw + 65) x 6
(bw + 70) x 3
(bw + 90) x 3

bent-over DB rows:

100 x 6
105 x 6

bent-over BB rows:

155 x 8

Done.
I do some bicep work at the end, but you're asking about back.

pullups/chins and rows all work the lats hard. Choose a grip that is the most comfortable for you. Don't worry about shape, width, or thickness because you can't control any of it.

sysopt,,

Are you sure that different back excersises dont effect different areas of the back? I was reading in a Gold's Gym book that overhead pulling motions create more width while horizontal motions stress more of the middle, creating width?

Yup, I'm sure. It's just like the inner/outer/upper/lower chest. You can't work out one part of a muscle, they just don't work that way. You can't change the shape of your muscle with certain exercises. Different grips and width are good for variation. There's a lot of bullshit out there. Maybe instead of reading bodybuilding books, you should read about physiology.

Last edited:
Top Bottom