Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

MLB player arrested for assaulting a sausage

The Nature Boy said:

true, but she was treated for a scraped knee. what can she sue him for?

High priofile cases always setle for mor than they are worth. The camera guy that got kicked by Dennis Rodman settled for $200K. The guy had a leg bruise.

High profile organizations: Brewer, Pirates, MLB and Mr Simon all have deep pockets and all have a lot to lose if this thing stays in the news too much longer.

That's the leverage and why she can (if she wants) negotiate an unduly high settlement.

The claim itself could be emotional damages - the injury itself is a small amount, but then "pain and suffering" can be an unlimited award.

This is 3 hours of work for any lawyer.

p0ink said:
i still dont understand why he hit her with a bat.

because he's a dope. if you watch sportscenter this morning at the start of the show they replay the incident. he was just standing there and they ran by him and he tapped her in the head (the head of the costume, not her actual head).

"Pittsburgh first baseman Randall Simon was booked for misdemeanor battery for hitting one of the Milwaukee Brewers' popular racing sausages with a bat during Wednesday night's game."

He should have swung at the Knackwurst, IMO.

The Nature Boy said:

it looked like he got kicked in the balls though. that goes a long way in the eyes of a jury.

Dude!

You are totally ignoring the fact that this thing will settle right away, like the Rodman case. It will never ever ever ever see a courtroom, much less a jury.

That's how it works. Only 2% of tort cases go to trial, and they are usually far more complex / high dollar than these.

MattTheSkywalker said:

High priofile cases always setle for mor than they are worth. The camera guy that got kicked by Dennis Rodman settled for $200K. The guy had a leg bruise.

it looked like he got kicked in the balls though. that goes a long way in the eyes of a jury.

MattTheSkywalker said:

Dude!

You are totally ignoring the fact that this thing will settle right away, like the Rodman case. It will never ever ever ever see a courtroom, much less a jury.

That's how it works. Only 2% of tort cases go to trial, and they are usually far more complex / high dollar than these.

I was kidding with the last comment matt.

The Nature Boy said:

I was kidding with the last comment matt.

sarcasm never works on the Net. :(

Randall Simon is an asswipe with corn. I hope he gets his ass fined a major amount of money. I could'nt believe he did that, and then was bragging to his team mates who were all looking at him like he was an idiot. The Pirates should release his dumbass!!!!

Top Bottom