Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mixing Muscle Groups

I have always trained 5 days a week, and on each day I have isolated my muscle groups (IE. Chest, Back, Legs, Arms, and Shoulders). I have noticed that when a lot of folks that I'm friends train, they mix a larger muscle group with a smaller one (IE. Chest and Tri, Back and Bi, etc. ). Is this something that you all do as well. Can someone fill me in on the pros and cons of this? I train for mass if that makes a difference.

Sent from my Z665C using EliteFitness.com - Anabolic Steroids, Bodybuilding mobile app

I have always trained 5 days a week, and on each day I have isolated my muscle groups (IE. Chest, Back, Legs, Arms, and Shoulders). I have noticed that when a lot of folks that I'm friends train, they mix a larger muscle group with a smaller one (IE. Chest and Tri, Back and Bi, etc. ). Is this something that you all do as well. Can someone fill me in on the pros and cons of this? I train for mass if that makes a difference.

Sent from my Z665C using EliteFitness.com - Anabolic Steroids, Bodybuilding mobile app

I will do it for a lagging body part for a few weeks if i have to.

But I prefer back/tri chest/bi as I can get a full work out for both

Sent from my GT-N7100 using EliteFitness

you should be changing what your doing every 6-8 weeks... i train two body parts at a time, twice a week... for instance, monday and thursday this time around is chest and biceps... after six weeks i'll switch body part that are mixed together, days they are on, etc... you MUST constantly shock your body to get optimal growth... you have to keep it guessing so it has to keep working... by doing this you will be able to get so much more out of your training bro...

Whatever the design, I like to hit everything twice a week. I feel this keeps my whole body in an anabolic state and growing.

I like and get good results from the " pull/push/leg " 6-day routine. You hit every body part twice a week, with low rep the first half, and high rep second half of routine. Of course mixing it up every 8 weeks or so

Being 51, I find it difficult for me to recover if I hit the same body parts twice a week, if your really going to failure. I hit one body part a week, until failure, either low reps and heavy weight or lighter weight and more reps.

I always mix stuff up and never do single bodypart on a day.

The problem with the old school one body part per day is you cant really just work 1 bodypart unless your doing a lot of isolation machine work. You do squats you work back to a degree, you do chest or shoulders you work tris. You do deadlift ...well, you work just about everything. I do hvy compound movements, low rep. I dont want more mass, as a matter of fact I wouldnt mind losing some but slowly but surely I just keep getting bigger. I simply focus on a core compound movement for the day and fill in the rest with some other work. Perhaps deads and some good mornings or rdls followed by some ab work and HIIT cardio. Squats with some overhead work, chest with some rows. I try and space out my deads and squats since they are so taxing on the whole body.

You all don't think maybe working a lesser muscle group with a larger one like I explained , would take away from the intensity you are trying to put into each group? Take away some of your focus. I'm not condoning one way or the other.

You all don't think maybe working a lesser muscle group with a larger one like I explained , would take away from the intensity you are trying to put into each group? Take away some of your focus. I'm not condoning one way or the other.

I don't find that at all. Different pump. If i do back and triceps I can still work out efficiently

Sent from my GT-N7100 using EliteFitness

Just figured I'd ask, I have never tried it before. I will give it a shot on my next week and see how it works out for me. What are the best muscle groups to workout together (Back with Biceps, Chest with Triceps, etc. )? Can someone with experience doing this weigh in please?

Top Bottom