Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

mehdi strong lifts

1980ye

I found this guy's story interesting about how he got stronger, he went from losing arm wrestling to a girl to squad 195 kilos which around my goal, following a routine called 5x5, if you guys know what I'm talking about or you have read this guys's article let me know if you think that routine would be effective to get stronger, which is what I'm looking for. Fuck man it just seems like there are thousands of guys online selling you their results in books and courses and I want to believe in someone to help me along with my goals.

Yes! I worked out for over a year and a half with my giant ass brother doing a bro split and didn't see much gains. I switched to StrongLifts and followed it to the T. Started with just the bar and everything. Within 3 months, which is the amount of time it says give to see the changes happen, I had made major gains. Within the first 4 months, I was already stronger than my brother. I was 6'2" 175 and he was 6'5" 265.
I absolutely support SL 5x5 whole heartedly. I've set several friends up with the template and every single one outperforms their old routine in such short amounts of time. It is such an amazing program, not only for that base knowledge of the main lifts, but for the strength that comes with it. I am actually going to start incorporating the same concept and ideas on my next growth phase to hit some new PRs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a good video for you to watch where I explain how to workout as a beginner, intermediate and advanced lifter: http://www.evolutionary.org/forums/...inner-intermediate-advanced-lifter-47320.html

I recommend something very similar to a 5x5 workout split. I see a lot of new lifters following a 5 day split workout routine. That will work but in my opinion, you can make muscle and strength gains much faster by doing full body workouts 3 days per week. Being new to lifting, you don't need a huge amount of volume to stimulate a muscle to grow. By doing full body workouts 3 days per week, you are stimulating a muscle to grow 3 times per week verse just once per week in a split routine.

I would do a workout like this MWF:
squat 5 x 5
deadlift 5 x 5
bench press 5 x 5
over head barbell press 5 x 5
wide grip chin up 5 x 5

This 5x5 program is interesting, but I am more of an advocate of training the entire body during the week. You can do different splits, but in my opinion it is essential to end up working out on each body part during the week.

5X5 is a great routine for newer lifters or guys looing to build a base before venturing into PED's. Make sure you read the whole program because it will tell you if you are already lifting a certain amount of weight for each exercise then 5X5 is not for you.

Top Bottom