Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Massive cheat day scenario

SwollenMember_18

Whattup gentlemen!

So last week, just of pure curiosity and for experimental purposes... I was feelin reaaaaal lean and was talking with an old school bodybuilder pro, he was telling me about how they used to diet in the offseason to stay lean but grow... One of the approaches was to apparently eat around maintenance with carbs fairly low to moderate all week, then have one day of pretty much all out feasting whatever the hell they wanted within a 16-24 hour period.

The logic behind this was that they would be able to train hard and heavy all week on the maintenance calories + the calories from the feast (I'm talkin about like 7-9000 cals in a day)
And that at the end of the week the surplus would be fairly similar to a general bulk approach but they had the bonus of the up regulates metabolism and performance for their struggling or weaker muscle groups in the days following the mass overeat.

So I gave it a shot, said why the hell not... Worst comes to worst I look a bit softer at the end of the week and have gained a bit to much and I'll go back to regular diet for a week and be good to go.

Low and behold today is one week later, i am up 1.2 pounds, and actually feel like I look tighter than I did last Tuesday.

Now normally I am an extremely hard dieter, 95% of what I eat is clean and calculated to a tee... My cheats come in scheduled re-feeds once every 7-10 days and will normally hit approx 4500 cals. I feel like because I'm so strict, maybe I got away with this one because my body was in such prime condition to utilize and burn any extra shit Layin around. Was debating giving it a second go today, but it seems like such an awkward approach and it gives me nerves that it will come back to haunt me. I'll tell you right now it's an extremely enjoyable day, and the training benefits following it are great. But is it really working, or is it just some nonsense that the big boys used to use as an offseason excuse to gorge like a pig once a week?

Anybody else hear of or had experience with this approach? I found it to be fairly un heard of, and most seem to feel it's overkill, but I do feel like I maintained bodyfat or even got s bit tighter and gained a bit of strength and muscle just in the week.

I could diet this way year fuckin round of it kept me shredded and growing hahaha... Btw I'm 210 pounds about 9% bodyfat, and running tren test and winny, so i do have more room for error than your regular old BB dude.

Top Bottom